The firing order for Chrysler V6 engines (2.7L, 3.0L, 3.3L, 3.5L, 3.8L) is 1-2-3-4-5-6.
What is the firing order on a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country?
The firing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6.
What is the firing order of a V6 engine?
Straight-six engines typically use a firing order of 1-5-3-6-2-4, which results in perfect primary and secondary balance. V6 engines with an angle of 90 degrees between the cylinder banks have used a firing orders of R1-L2-R2-L3-L1-R3 or R1-L3-R3-L2-R2-L1.
What is Chevy firing order?
However, the firing order for the Chevy V8, both the SBC and BBC variant is the same: 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2. This means that cylinder 1 fires first, followed by cylinder 8, then 4, and so on and so forth until all cylinders have fired in that order.
What’s the firing order for a 2000 Buick Lesabre?
3.5L (VIN H) engine Firing order: 1-2-3-4-5-6 Distributorless Ignition System.
What is the firing order of a Ford V8?
Most Ford V8: Counter-clockwise 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8.
Why is the firing order not 1234?
Their firing order is offset 360 degrees. So if no 1 fires, then no 4 is at its exhaust stroke. Cyl 1 and 3 are 180 degrees offset, and no 2 a further 360 degrees. It makes the engine run with the least vibrations.
What is the firing order for a 4.3 V6?
Originally Answered: What is the firing order for a 4.3L V6 chevy motor? From the web. The firing order is 1-6-5-4-3-2, but the 1995 S-10 4.3l engines had two different distributor cap layouts.
How is engine firing order determined?
Firing Order is Determined by the Number of Cylinders contained within that engine & Crankshaft Alignment/Offset of each Crank-Journal, during the Design/Manufacturing Process. The firing order is determined when the engine is DESIGNED, so as to make it run as efficiently and as smoothly as possible.
How do I know if my firing order is wrong?
When the firing order is wrong or delayed, the engine does not run properly. The spark may be delivered to the cylinder when there is no fuel/air mixture or before it is properly compressed. One symptom of an incorrect firing order is the engine does not run. Turning the ignition does not start the engine.
Can you change the firing order of an engine?
You cannot change the firing order as it is already set out in the design of the crankshaft and cam shaft relationship. The usual firing order of a 4 cylinder in line engine would be 1,2,4,3. but it could also be designed as 1,3,4.2 which is the reverse firing order.
Will wrong firing order damage engine?
Will the wrong firing order damage an engine? – Quora. Most likely it won’t, but the real answer is “ IT DEPENDS”. If an engine runs with a miss, because it’s crosswired, but it’s not bucking or backfiring, it won’t harm the engine itself in the very short term, but it may ruin the catalytic converter if so equipped.
3.3 liter V6 Chrysler firing order
Take advantage of the best car repair knowledge availableAlldatadiy.com andEautorepair.net are professional-grade shop manuals, bar none! Wiring diagrams and technical service bulletins are among the documents available. The majority of the time, their diagrams are taken directly from the manufacturing manuals. Pricing: -Eautorepair.net membership for one month $19.95 per car, each day Subscription for one year $29.95 per car (plus applicable taxes). Subscription for a period of four years $44.95 per car, each day -Alldatadiy.com: a one-year $29.95 membership that allows you to add more automobiles.
Additional cars are included in the $49.95 membership for five years.
If you’re trying to figure out what’s wrong with your wiring, Eautorepair.netis the superior option.
This saves a significant amount of time because you don’t have to refer back to the component locator or circuit locations as often.
To learn the identification symbols, you must first consult the factory legends, and then you must consult circuit diagrams in order to determine the placement of the splice and ground points.
You should utilize Alldatadiy.com instead of Eautorepair.net if you need to rummage about in your doors, dashboard, or console since Eautorepair.net does not provide interior or exterior trim or body part removal.
Chrysler Firing Orders
It is important to note that every type of engine will have a unique system for its firing order, which is a series of events that determines how the spark plugs are fired within the engine. A distributor will be used if the engine is equipped with one. The technique for controlling the firing order will be dependent on how electrical wires are routed from the distributor cap to the spark plugs that are situated on each cylinder. It is important to note that on engines with the piston placed at the top dead center (TDC), the alignment of the distributor rotor will correspond with the terminal for the number one (1) spark plug.
The first cylinder on the majority of Chrysler automobiles is often found on the left side of the vehicle, especially if the vehicle is equipped with a rear-wheel-drive system.
Meanwhile, if your Chrysler car is a pickup truck with a V8 3.9 L engine, the 1 cylinder will be situated on the front left side of the vehicle.
In addition, the spark plugs in most Chrysler automobiles are installed in a staggered order. In other words, the spark plugs with odd numbers will be situated on one side of the engine, while the spark plugs with even numbers will be located on the other side.
Chrysler V8 and V6 Firing Orders
It is important to note that every type of engine will have a unique system for its firing order, which is a series of events that takes place inside the engine to ignite the spark plugs. If the engine is equipped with a distributor, the firing order will be determined by the routing of the wiring that runs from the distributor cap to the spark plugs that are situated on each cylinder. It is important to note that on engines where the piston is placed at top dead center (TDC), the alignment of the distributor rotor will correspond with the terminal for the number one (1) spark plug.
In the majority of Chrysler automobiles, the first cylinder is often found on the left side of the vehicle, particularly if the vehicle is equipped with a rear-wheel-drive system.
In the meanwhile, if your Chrysler car is a truck with a V8 3.9 L engine, the 1 cylinder will be situated on the front left side of the vehicle.
So the spark plugs with odd numbers will be situated on one side, while the spark plugs with even numbers will be located on the other side, as seen below.
Pentastar Engines: Overview and Technical Details
In the Dodge Challenger, the 3.6-liter Pentastar engine produces 305 horsepower and 270 pound-feet of torque; 90 percent of the available torque is accessible from 1,800 to 6,350 rpm, providing real-world power and performance. It produces 305 horsepower and 269 pound-feet of torque in the Ram, as well as other vehicles. With 271 horsepower and 239 pound-feet of torque, the smaller 3.2-liter Pentastar engine in the Jeep Cherokee is a strong performer. There are four oil return holes below the head bolt holes on Pentastar engines; dana44 writes, ‘The bottom two outer head bolts should have guides to ensure the heads lined up properly; the additional hole in the upper rear, I presume, is the oil supply.’ I believe we are also looking at six-bolt main caps, but at the very least four bolts, two or four vertical and two horizontal, in addition to six-bolt main caps.
- There appear to be oil drainback holes, in my opinion.
- Using special O-ringed head gaskets or other ways, a turbocharger might be installed without requiring any changes to the deck machining.
- a new Viper based on a Maserati or an SRT mid-sized car).
- The twin turbo engine has various heads and internal parts, as well as redesigned blocks, but it has the same fundamental architecture as the single turbo engine; the blocks are supplied by Chrysler.
- Direct injection is being researched, although it will not be available for some years.
- However, while the heads are different, the blocks are same.
The engine can run on either ordinary gasoline or E85 fuel without experiencing any reduction in performance or exhaust emissions. The following are some of the most significant innovations:
- Variable cam timing with twin independent cam phasing, which helps to flatten the power output and enhance idle quality substantially, is also available. With distinct cam phasers on each cam, the system produces better results than the twin variable valve timing system on the World Engine, while being easier and more robust to construct. The exhaust manifold is incorporated into the head itself, reducing the number of components. A chain driver is used in place of the traditional timing belt, resulting in improved lifespan and precision. An oil filter element that does not require a canister saves landfill space and allows for incineration
- It also makes DIY oil changes easier and avoids ham-fisted oil change shops from ‘holing’ or over-tightening the filter. Adding oil to the antifreezeoil cooler in the ‘V’ When it comes to the Challenger, regular octane (87) fuel is utilized, even with the 305 horsepower version. Cam covers and intake module made of reinforced nylon to minimize weight while also reducing airflow constraints
- In order to minimize vibration and noise, all attachments are fastened directly to the block. Aluminum is saved by using a lightweightblock, which also helps to decrease total vehicle weight (while also increasing balance).
- High-pressure die-cast blocks save on labor expenses, have thinner walls, and are 20 pounds lighter than General Motors’ V6 blocks, resulting in a savings of around $40 per engine in aluminum and much cheaper construction costs than GM’s engines.
Ports and manifolds
With high-flow intake and exhaust ports, along with twin independent cam phasing, the engine achieves the highest possible volumetric and combustion efficiency over the whole speed and load range. As a result, the torque curve is exceptionally flat, and the specific power is quite high. Formed heat resistant (martensitic) steel is used for the intake valve, while austenitic steel is used for the exhaust valve. Both valves are treated with a nitrided surface treatment in order to reduce the possibility of scuffing on the intake valve stem (except at the tip and lock grooves).
Three bead lock keepers are used to aid rotation and hold the springs.
With high-flow intake and exhaust ports, along with twin independent cam phasing, the engine achieves the highest possible volumetric and combustion efficiency over the whole range of speed and load. A flat torque curve and a high specific power are the outcome of this, as is an excellent acceleration. Formed heat resistant (martensitic) steel is used for the intake valve, while austenitic steel is used for the exhaust valve. Both valves are treated with a nitrided surface treatment in order to reduce the possibility of scuffing on the intake valve surface (except at the tip and lock grooves).
Three bead lock keepers aid in rotation and serve to retain the springs in the valves.
Pentastar V6 cylinder heads
The cylinder heads are composed of aluminum and include one-of-a-kind left and right castings, as well as integrated intake and exhaust manifolds. The valves have powdered metal guides that have been pushed into the valves and are not functional. The valvetrain is comprised of roller rocker arms that are lifted by hydraulic lifters. Spark plug tubes are forced into the heads and then sealed in place; because the tubes have thin walls, mechanics were cautioned to use caution when working with them.
The cylinder block is made of high-pressure die cast aluminum and has an open deck with cut gaps between each cylinder; cast steel cylinder liners extend the life of the cylinder block even further. Three piston oil cooler jets are fitted to the engine block (each of which cools two pistons) and are connected to the main oil gallery by a flange. A total of four powdered metal main bearing caps are employed; they are cross-bolted together and have molded-in directing arrows. Thrust bearings with two pieces are positioned at the main bearing and are mounted with the oil groves pointing outward, as shown in the illustration.
Each of the cylinder banks has three oil drain back drillings, and the block valley has two knock sensors and three oil drain back drillings.
Due to the fact that the air conditioner compressor and alternator are both fastened to the block, a tensioner is utilized in conjunction with the serpentine belt to ensure that the proper tension is maintained.
The refinement was made possible through the use of modern computer-aided engineering techniques. Low levels of noise are produced in the structural, intake, and exhaust sectors.
Oil system and engine lubrication
The new oil filter system, which uses an incinerable filter element instead of the traditional spin-on filters, prevents oil leaks from occurring. The filter is conveniently positioned on top of the engine, making it easy to access. A chain-driven, vane-type variable displacement oil pump modifies the flow rate and pressure in response to commands from the engine management system, which employs a solenoid to move the pump into low or high pressure mode, depending on the engine configuration.
- A force balance mechanism within the oil pump regulates the size of the pumping chambers in order to change the amount of oil that is pumped.
- When the oil is hot and thinner, more oil is required, and a spring expands the capacity of the pump chambers to accommodate the increased demand.
- The pump is driven with a one-to-one drive ratio, and its placement under the block is more efficient than a location on or near the crankshaft.
- Both the pump and the pressure regulating solenoid have failed and cannot be repaired.
- It is advised that you use traditional, non-synthetic motor oil with an ILSAC rating of GF5.
- Located at the windage tray is a support for the oil pick-up tube.
- Pressure and temperature sensors for the oil filter housing assembly, which is positioned on top of the engine between the heads, are located on the oil filter housing assembly; the oil cooler (a plate-style coolant to oil heat exchanger) is also located on this assembly.
Compact V6 engine design
Because of its small size and light weight, the 60-degree 3.6-liter Pentastar engine has a total length of 503 mm (94mm shorter than the 3.7 and 34 mm shorter than the 3.5). As a result, packing limitations are alleviated, allowing for increased power or smaller engine bays. The bore and stroke are 96mm by 83mm in size. It is constructed of high-pressure die cast aluminum with cast iron bore liners and aluminum cylinder heads; cast aluminum pistons with reduced friction rings are connected to forged steel connecting rods.
Pistons have a smaller skirt area in order to minimize weight and frictional resistance.
(as of October 2010).
According to current standards, the nodular iron crankshaft is used in all Pentastar engines (as of 2010); the rolled fillet process results in an 83 percent improvement in fatigue strength.
While enhancing structural rigidity and lowering engine noise, a structural windage tray minimizes oil splash on the crankshaft and power losses from the reciprocating assembly, while also reducing oil splash on the crankshaft.
V6 engine intake and exhaust
A pair of overhead camshafts with roller finger followers are installed in the cylinder heads, which are made of T7 heat treated aluminum. On the intake side, the valve diameters are 39mm and the angle between the valve and the bore axis is 17 degrees. Exhaust valves have a diameter of 30mm and are canted at an angle of 18.8 degrees. The capacity of the combustion chamber is 52.7cc. In addition, independent cam phasing is employed on each of the four camshafts. To move the phasers very fast, the torque-actuated phasers rely on the natural action of the valve springs to pump the phasers into place, reducing the amount of energy necessary to move the phasers swiftly.
- The engine’s induction is handled via a multi-point port fuel injection system and a lightweight composite intake manifold, both of which are available options.
- Each of the systems, including the intake and exhaust, has been engineered to give optimal flow characteristics with the least degree of restriction in the passageways.
- In addition to eliminating the need for separate cast iron or steel exhaust manifolds, the integrated exhaust manifold adds to advances in engine refinement as well as weight reduction.
- The new 3.6-liter Pentastar is extremely fuel efficient and incorporates cutting-edge emissions technology.
- This eliminates the need for Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) and contributes to the reduction of the engine’s bulk.
- In addition, the engine has been engineered to comply with all known future international pollution requirements, including LEV III and PZEV California norms, among others.
- It is designed to operate on ordinary unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 87, in spite of the significant increase in power achieved.
Other Pentastar V6 engine notes
The long-life spark plugs are inserted at the end of a tube that is about the length of the plug. There is a spring that runs the length of the tube, from the conventional-looking plugs all the way up to the coils; the plug looks to be withdrawn by means of the spring, which is linked to the contact at the other end. It is impossible to remove the tubes since they are pushed into place. The cylinders are numbered from front to back; the right bank has pistons 1, 3, and 5, while the left bank has pistons 2, 4, and 6, with a firing order of 1-2-3-4-5-6.
- In terms of design, the Pentastar V6 is an interference design; it features valve reliefs, but they are only used for clearance under normal operating circumstances.
- (Many thanks to Keith.) However, despite the enormous potential of the Pentastar V6, it was endangered not by Daimler, which will utilize it in Mercedes-Benz vehicles, but by Cerberus, which halted its development while attempting to purchase Nissan engines from Nissan.
- ‘The new Phoenix of V-6 engines will include cylinder deactivation,’ Chrysler stated in a press release (MDS).
- While not essential, V-6 power is utilized to maximize efficiency without compromising vehicle performance or capabilities.’ The new family of V-6 engines will include technologies such as an aluminum die cast block, dual variable valve timing (VVT), and a two-stage oil pump, among others.
To our knowledge, the 3.2 liter displacement will be achieved by the use of thicker cylinder liners rather than through the use of narrower block bores or strokes to produce the reduced displacement.
Horsepower and torque improvements
When fully equipped, the new Pentastar V-6 engine weighs 94 pounds less than the previous 3.7-liter engine and 42 pounds less than the previous 3.5-liter engine. The increase in horsepower has been considerable across all models. The Jeep Grand Cherokee’s horsepower has grown substantially, going from 210 horsepower to 290 horsepower in the latest generation (38 percent ). The horsepower of the Avenger / 200 has grown to 283 horsepower from 250 horsepower. The 2011 Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300C both gained 42 horsepower, bringing their combined output to 292 horsepower.
Originally rated at 280 horsepower, engineer Phil Jansen noted, ‘The engine team did an outstanding job of raising horsepower while also delivering increased fuel efficiency in the last phase of development.’
Quality and reliability
A complete engine swap results in an engine that is 94 pounds lighter than the outgoing 3.7-liter and 42 pounds lighter than the outgoing 3.5-liter. There has been a noticeable increase in horsepower across the board. The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee features a significant increase in horsepower, going from 210 horsepower to 290 horsepower (38 percent ). horsepower was boosted from 250 to 283 horsepower on the Avenger /200. A total of 42 horsepower was added to the Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300C for 2011.
The engine was initially rated at at 280 horsepower, but as engineer Phil Jansen put it, ‘the engine team did a fantastic job of raising horsepower while also delivering increased fuel efficiency in the last stage of development.’
Part 1 -How to Test the Coil Pack (2001-2008 Chrysler 3.3L, 3.8L)
The 29th of April, 2011 Date last updated: December 29, 2021 Contributed by:Abraham Torres-Arredondo Article ID:407 This article is about This article will assist you in troubleshooting a misfire situation that may be causing one or more of the diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) listed below to be displayed: A faulty ignition coil pack and/or the codes P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305, and P0306 on your Chrysler (or Dodge) 3.3L or 3.8L Town & Country, Voyager, Caravan, or Grand Caravan mini-van from 2001-2009 may indicate a 3.3L or 3.8L engine problem.
If this isn’t the Chrysler V6 coil pack Test you’re looking for, there are two more available at the following links: Chrysler the main index of articles (3.3L and 3.8L)
TIP 1: Take the time to read the full article. Putting the coil pack through its paces is a simple and uncomplicated process. Although the paper appears to be lengthy and requires a significant amount of reading, once you begin testing, you will realize how simple the exams are. TIP 2:In order to effectively diagnose a damaged coil pack in your car or minivan, it’s critical that you understand what ‘Paired Cylinders’ and ‘Non-Paired Cylinders’ signify before performing the real testing on your vehicle.
Some of the tests are performed while the engine is running, so you must be alert and take all essential safety steps to avoid being injured.
Instead, I recommend that you have him or her wait outside the car before and after you require them to start the vehicle.
5th RULE: The coil pack test detailed in this article is an ON CAR test. Because you will be testing the coil pack in motion, you will not find any resistance tests for the Primary or Secondary Circuits of the coil pack on this page.
What Tools Do I Need?
You’ll need a few particular tools to correctly use this information to diagnose and troubleshoot the coil pack on your 3.3L or 3.8L Chrysler minivan. Here’s what you need. Don’t be concerned, none of these items is prohibitively expensive.:
- A 12 Volt automotive test light is used for this. A multimeter (don’t have a digital multimeter? Use a regular multimeter). Do you need to purchase one? To view my recommendations, please visit this page: For Automotive Diagnostic Testing, you should get a digital multimeter. An LED light source
- To view an example of how this tool appears, go to this link: The LED Light Test Tool and Instructions on How to Create One
- This tool is a must-have since it is the most accurate spark tester you can possess (don’t have a HEI spark tester? Purchase one here). Do you need to purchase one? It is available for purchase here:OTC 6589 Electronic Ignition Spark Tester)
- Jumper wires for the battery
- Someone to assist you in cranking the automobile
In my opinion, the HEI spark tester is the most critical item out of the entire list above, and this is not because I am a shareholder in the firm that manufactures the HEI spark tester. The primary causes are as follows: 1.) The accuracy of this spark tester is excellent. I can tell you from personal experience that I have used the most of the spark testers on the market and that only the HEI spark tester consistently produces an accurate spark or no-spark test result that I can rely on 100 percent of the time.
Unfortunately, your local auto parts store is unlikely to sell it, so you’ll have to get it online.
Where To Buy The Ignition Coil And Save
The following links will assist you in your search for an ignition coil pack comparison shopping: Not sure if the ignition coils listed above will work with your specific vehicle? Don’t worry, once you get at the location, they will check to see if it suits your car by asking you a few questions about it. If they don’t fit, they’ll go out of their way to locate you the proper ones.
COIL PACK TEST 1:Spark Test
To be able to do this exam properly, you must first comprehend the concept of a ‘Paired Cylinder’ and a ‘Non-Paired Cylinder’. If you need assistance figuring this out, go to the section under ‘How The Coil Pack Works.’ Precautions, Do’s, and Don’ts is another area that will be quite useful to you when completing the exams in this article. The first order of business is to determine if all of the spark plug wires are sending spark to the spark plugs or whether only a few of them are. You are not required to test all of the spark plug wires, although I would recommend doing so.
To start the engine, you’ll need the assistance of another person.
- Connect the HEI Spark tester to the spark plug wire after disconnecting it from the spark plug that you’re testing. Jump start the HEI spark tester by connecting it straight to the battery negative (-) connector using a jump start cable
- 3 When you’re ready, have your assistant start the engine while you monitor the spark tester. 4 You’ll get one of two outcomes from the spark tester: either one of the following: Jumping through the air gap of the HEI spark tester with a spark or without a spark
Examine the following to find out what your test results mean: CASE 1: You received spark from each of the six spark plug wires you tested. In your 3.3L or 3.8L Chrysler minivan, this indicates that the coil pack and spark plug wires are in good working order and are not the source of the misfire situation. CASE 2: You just had one spark plug wire, and you received NO SPARK. If you get this outcome, it signifies one of two things: either the spark plug wire is faulty or the ignition coil pack has gone bad.
- TEST OF THE COIL PACK 2.
- This normally indicates that the coil pack in your minivan is faulty, although it is not always the case.
- CASE 4: Two ‘Non-Paired Cylinder’ spark plug wires produced a no-spark result when used together.
- Continue reading to verify/confirm this even further.
- This often indicates that the crank sensor has failed.
Ensure that the ignition coil receives electricity (12 Volts), and then check to see if the Powertrain Control Module (Fuel Injection Computer) is engaging the ignition coils included within the coil pack, as the following step. Go to COIL PACK TEST 4 to learn more.
Amazon.com: ENA Ignition Coil Pack Compatible with Chrysler Dodge Jeep Town & Country Grand Caravan Wrangler Voyager Pacifica 3.3L 3.8L V6 Replacement For UF305 C1442 56032520 : Automotive
On September 29, 2019, a verified purchase was reviewed in the United States of America. After trying several plugs and wires and finding nothing that worked, I decided to replace the OEM coil. I had been advised to remain with the factory coil on my Jeep JK, but I decided to give this one a shot anyhow. While I kept the OEM coil in the trunk just in case something went wrong, this coil corrected the problem and increased the throttle response of my Jeep. Have a significant increase in pick-up and go power.
- The product was reviewed in the United States on August 14, 2018 and it was verified as a purchase.
- It took me around 15 minutes to do the work, with the most difficult part being naming the wires beforehand.
- Just to point out, it’s an exact replacement for the Mopar coil on a 2011 JKU, and in my situation, it was also a touch less expensive and more reasonable than the original.
- I gave it four stars out of five simply because it is not a Mopar product, but it is an excellent substitute!
- On September 1, 2019, a review was published in the United States, and the purchase was verified.
- In order to avoid investing a lot of money in such an old car, I simply got this on the basis of an educated guess, and I am pleased to report that it solved the problem.
- The only difficulty came from having to unbolt the power steering reservoir and move it out of the way in order to reach the bottom mounting bolt.
It is reasonably priced and does the job.
They were less than half the price of the local parts store and they fit perfectly.
After a tune-up, my 2005 Chrysler Town & Country minivan, model 3.8 Touring, continued to operate erratically.
After some troubleshooting, I’ve come to the conclusion that this is the sole problem.
It wasn’t shooting in the proper manner.
On December 17, 2019, a review was conducted in the United States.
Hopefully, it will aid in the elimination of the ‘cylinder3 misfire’ that happens around once a month on our 2008 Jeep JK.
On November 20, 2018, the United States government released a report.
YOU CAN SAVE UP TO $250 BY HAVING A SHOP DO IT.
AN ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR IS DISCONNECTED (GENTLY).
On March 11, 2021, a review will be conducted in the United States.
I eventually found one on eBay.
Additionally, I noticed a slight increase in engine pick-up.
On March 11, 2021, Arthur Baynes published an article.
I eventually found one on eBay.
Additionally, I noticed a slight increase in engine pick-up.
Purchased a 2003 Grand Caravan with verified purchase; That lower power steering reservoir bolt is tough to reach; simply remove the massive lower reservoir hose to provide access to the bolt, and then thoroughly clean the engine when the repairs are completed.
Top reviews from other countries
5.0 stars out of 5 for this product a great pairing On July 22, 2020, a review will be conducted in Canada. Purchase that has been verified My Jeep JK from 2008 is a perfect fit. Each connection has a unique number that corresponds to a different spark plug wire. I’m hoping it lasts 175 kilometers like the original!
Spark Plug Wire Recommendation
However, although one set of difficulties is resolved through this procedure, it is possible that another failure scenario will appear. As long as one of the spark plugs in the firing order fails to fire / discharge the high voltage energy stored in the coil, the next spark plug in the firing order will be able to dissipate the stored energy in the coil because the coil output is shared by all of the spark plugs in a distributor spark system or a system that does not use a distributor spark system (no distributor) The problem is that if a single plug fails to ignite or discharge its high energy in the coil, the coil maintains generating energy and has no method of dissipating it.
This is the case with individual coil on plug ignition.
If so, is there logic in the engine ignition control module of the PCM that would identify this circumstance and turn off the coil driver on the cylinder with misfire to prevent overheating and the coil from failing?
There are a handful here and there, but it is not a common issue.