- Acura’s biggest recall issue since 2000 has been with defective Takata-sourced airbag inflators that can injure or kill occupants with shrapnel in a deployment. Nearly 12 million Honda and Acura vehicles have been recalled in the campaign to replace Takata inflators with new units from other suppliers.
Does Acura have Takata airbags?
These older vehicles have dangerous Takata airbags that need to be replaced. Over 1.5 million older Honda, Acura, and Isuzu vehicles have been recalled because their Takata airbags could cause serious or fatal injuries to vehicle occupants. Both conditions could cause serious injuries or death.
What is the Acura recall?
Check your Acura’s Vehicle Identification Number or VIN at KBB’s Car Recalls above. Acura’s biggest recall issue since 2000 has been with defective Takata-sourced airbag inflators that can injure or kill occupants with shrapnel in a deployment.
Are there any recalls on Acura MDX?
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2014-2019 Acura MDX and 2017-2019 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid vehicles. Moisture may enter the tailgate lid lights, possibly causing a loss of the tailgate lid lights and the taillights.
Are safety recalls fixed for free?
NHTSA monitors each safety recall to make sure owners receive safe, free, and effective remedies from manufacturers according to the Safety Act and Federal regulations. If there is a safety recall, your manufacturer will fix the problem free of charge.
What is an airbag recall?
What Is the Takata Airbag Recall? This recall affects cars featuring airbags made by the Japanese company Takata. These metal inflators in these defective airbags have the potential to explode without warning, expelling shrapnel into the vehicle cabin at a high rate of speed. Millions of vehicles have Takata airbags.
Is Acura a reliable brand?
Acura Reliability Rating Breakdown. The Acura Reliability Rating is 4.0 out of 5.0, which ranks it 2nd out of 32 for all car brands. This rating is based on an average across 345 unique models. The average annual repair cost for a Acura is $501, which means it has above average ownership costs.
Why do Acura TL transmissions fail?
The Acura TL was equipped with the BDGA, B7WA and B7VA transmission in many years. Common failures included the torque converter, 3rd gear clutch pack, and the entire transmission due to blocked oil passages, damage from debris and/or heat related internal damage.
How do I check for recalls?
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Every vehicle has a unique VIN. Enter a VIN to learn if a specific vehicle needs to be repaired as part of a recall. You can also contact our Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 for assistance.
Have there been any recalls on 2007 Acura MDX?
2007 Acura MDX Recalls HONDA IS RECALLING 2,032 HITCH STYLE BIKE RACKS SOLD AS AFTERMARKET FOR USE ON MY 2003-2007 AND SOME MY 2008 HONDA PILOT, RIDGELINE, AND ACURA MDX VEHICLES. A PINCH BOLT EXISTS BETWEEN THE BIKE ARM BRACKET AND THE UPRIGHT ASSEMBLY OF THE “HITCH” STYLE BICYCLE RACK.
Are there any recalls on a 2020 Acura MDX?
2020 Acura MDX Recalls The low-pressure fuel pump inside the fuel tank may fail. Consequence: Fuel pump failure can cause an engine stall while driving, increasing the risk of a crash. Note: This recall is an expansion of recall 20V-314.
Are there any recalls on 2008 Acura MDX?
2008 Acura MDX Recalls There have been no safety recalls issued from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Are there any recalls on 2017 Acura MDX?
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 2017-2019 Acura MDX, 2017-2018 Acura MDX Sport Hybrid, 2018-2019 Honda HR-V and Honda Odyssey, and 2016 Honda HR-V vehicles. The rear brake caliper pistons may have an insufficient coating, causing gas pockets to form, reducing brake performance.
How long does a airbag recall take to fix?
Each recalled group of vehicles is expected to take 2.5 years to repair, according to NHTSA. So if the final Takata recalls are announced in 2020, it won’t be until late 2022 or early 2023 until it’s all over.
Do dealerships charge for recalls?
If your car has a recall for a safety issue, dealers are supposed to fix it for free of charge – but not always! It turns out there are some reasons they may refuse. If your car has a recall for a safety issue, dealers are supposed to fix it free of charge. It’s a federal law.
Do dealers get paid for recall work?
California’s Governor Gavin Newsom signed a bill into law that will force vehicle manufacturers to pay retail rates to dealers for warranty and recall work. It could be because the reimbursement rate from a manufacturer to a dealer for that work is significantly less than what standard retail repair work brings in.
Recall Database for Acura Cars, Crossovers and SUVs
The most recent update was made on January 6, 2022.
Acura Recall Lookup
The safety of our goods is extremely important to our company. Information about safety recalls announced during the last 15 calendar years is available on this page; previous recalls are not included. Each and every safety recall repair is provided at no cost by authorized Acura dealers. If you require extra recall help, please contact us by using the Ask Us button. You can reach Acura Client Relations by phone at (800) 382-2238 if you are displeased with the performance of your car or have a product issue.
Check recalls by vehicle identification number
Enter your VIN to receive recall information that is particular to your vehicle.
Select any Acura Vehicle
Enter the year and model to receive non-VIN specific recall information, or enter the year and model to receive VIN specific recall information.
What are my next steps?
According on your search results, your car may be subject to a recall at this time. If you found your car using the VIN, please get it fixed as soon as possible, since your safety may be at jeopardy if the vehicle is not repaired. If you know your zip code, you may use it to find your nearest dealer and arrange an appointment for service: Those who searched by year and model will need to undertake a VIN search to see whether or not their individual car is affected. We urge you to do so as soon as possible since your safety may be in jeopardy.
If you have any questions about a recall, you may call Acura Automobile Customer Service at (888) 234-2138 or visit their website.
For More Acura Recalls Information
Toll-free number: (888) 234-2138 Monday-Friday: 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. PT Contact Client Relations at (800) 382-2238, Option 4, for any additional questions or concerns. Monday-Friday: 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. PT [email protected]
Acura Vehicles, Trucks and SUVs: Reviews, Pricing, and Specs
Acura is an expensive automobile manufacturer that is noted for producing vehicles with high levels of luxury, technology, and performance. Acura has gone a great way in a short period of time, despite the fact that the company’s history is very limited. firm’s parent company Honda launched the Acura brand to the United States market in 1986 as part of an effort to establish a separate premium segment for its vehicles. To begin with, there were just two vehicles on display: the Legend sedan, which was the first real Japanese luxury vehicle to be offered in the United States, and the Integra sport coupe and sedan.
- Acura automobiles were well-loved by consumers for their amenities, performance, and upmarket appearance.
- Acura’s crown jewel, the all-aluminum NSX sports vehicle, was released in 1991.
- Acura, on the other hand, struggled a little in the 1990s as the company’s product portfolio expanded.
- The SLX was the company’s first foray into the hot luxury SUV market, which began in the mid-’90s.
- Acura redesigned their product lineup to coincide with the millenium.
- The Integra was succeeded by the RSX performance coupe, and a completely new entry-level sport sedan, the TSX, was debuted shortly after.
- Even though the NSX was no longer in production by the mid-decade mark, Acura continued to expand its model selection with the RDX small crossover, the TSX wagon, and the ZDX, a fastback-styled crossover that prioritized unusual aesthetics above practicality in its design.
Despite the fact that Acura is still searching for its ideal market niche, there is no questioning the high quality of Acura’s automobiles, as well as their compelling combination of performance, technology, and price.
Acura Recall Information Check
If your Acura has been subject to a recall, look for the following:
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) campaign A recall is identified by the letter r, which stands for identification number. Details of the recall, such as the cars affected, the locations where the vehicles were sold or registered, the issue or item that may represent a safety risk or fail to satisfy basic safety requirements are all included. Effects: how the recall may have an adverse effect on the vehicle’s functioning and safety Solution: how the problem may be resolved (repair, replacement, or refund), as well as how to contact Acura for assistance.
How should I contact Acura about an open recall?
For additional information about recalls, please visit the following website: In addition, you may look for recall information for safety and defect issues on the official Acura Owners website.
- In addition, you may look for recall information for safety and defect issues on the Acura Ownerswebsite.
How do I fix an Acura recall?
If your Acura vehicle is the subject of a safety recall, you will be notified by mail of the recall. You may also check to see whether your vehicle has been recalled by entering the VIN, model, and year into the Acura Recall Databasepage. If your Acura is subject to a current recall, please arrange an appointment with your local service center to get it fixed or replaced as quickly as possible. Each and every safety recall repair is provided at no cost by authorized Acura dealers.
What are the latest Acura recalls?
There are several separate safety recalls concerning Acura automobiles; see whether your vehicle is affected by the most recent recall listed below:
|Drive shaft failure||2013-2015 Acura ILX2013 Acura ILX Hybrid(Only vehicles registered or sold in Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin are involved in the recall.)||The left and right front drive shafts may not have been properly rust proofed during the manufacturing process. The drive shafts may prematurely rust and corrode, which could cause the vehicle to suddenly lose power while in motion or to roll away when parked, if the parking brake is not engaged.||Acura will notify owners of the recall. Dealers will inspect and, if needed, replace rusted driveshafts free of charge.|
|Fuel pump failure||2018-19 Acura NSX2019 Acura RDX2019 Acura RLX2019 Acura RLX Hybrid||Without warning, the faulty fuel pump could cause the engine to suddenly stop working while driving. This could potentially increase the risk of a crash||Owners of the affected cars will be notified of the recall and the defective fuel pump will be replaced free of charge.|
Is my Acura affected by the Takata Airbag Recall?
A large number of Acura cars have been recalled as a result of faulty Takata airbags in the past. These airbag inflators had been exposed to excessive moisture, which caused them to malfunction and prevent airbag deployment. Over-pressurized airbags have the potential to burst and propel metal shrapnel at car occupants during an accident, rather than inflating the airbag as intended. In order to have their Takata airbags examined and replaced for free, owners of Acura cars affected by the Takata airbag recall should contact an authorized Acura dealer as soon as possible and make an appointment.
|Model||Model Years Covered|
Can I search recalls for an Acura using a license plate number?
You may verify the recall status of your car by using the license plate search tool provided by VinCheck.info. Enter your Acura license plate number in the box below to see whether your car is subject to a recall. Search for a recall with your license plate number:
Why should I run an Acura Recall Check?
An untold number of automobiles have been recalled owing to safety and performance concerns. The recall information is helpful in informing owners whether or not their Acura is safe to drive, as vehicles with open recalls may be quite dangerous.
- An untold number of cars have been recalled because of safety and performance problems. When a recall is issued, the information is useful in informing owners whether or not their Acura is safe to drive. Open recall vehicles can be extremely dangerous.
Acura Recalls provide you with the opportunity to learn the whole history of your car. Check it out right now:
Acura MDX Recalls
Information submitted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is being recalled.
Component not known
It is possible that a timing belt tensioner pulley on the water pump on certain minivans, sedans, coupes, and sport utility vehicles equipped with V6 engines is misaligned, resulting in the timing belt coming into contact with a bolt on the cylinder head. It is possible that the belt will become damaged and fail. Engine stalling will result if the timing belt fails, hence increasing the likelihood of an accident. When dealers evaluate the water pump, they will determine whether or not it is one of the faulty pumps.
The manufacturer has said that owner notification began on August 30, 2002, according to its records.
Honda customers should call 1-800-999-1099, and Acura customers should call 1-800-382-2238 if they have not received the free solution within a reasonable period. Details may be found here. Details are hidden.
Fuel system, gasoline: Delivery: Fuel pump
Certain Acura MDX, MDX Sport Hybrid, RDX, TLX, Honda Accord, Civic Hatchback, Insight, 2019 Acura ILX, Honda Accord Hybrid, Civic Coupe, Civic Coupe Si, Civic Sedan, Civic Sedan Si, Civic Type R vehicles from the model years 2019-2020 as well as certain Honda Odyssey vehicles from the model years 2018-2019 as well as certain Honda Pilot vehicles from the model years 2018-2019 are subject to the recall.
- It is possible that the low-pressure gasoline pump located within the fuel tank will fail.
- In this case, Honda will contact owners, and dealers will replace the fuel pump assembly at no cost to the customer.
- Owners can get in touch with Honda customer care by calling 1-888-234-2138.
- Details may be found here.
Certain Acura MDX, MDX Sport Hybrid, RDX, TLX, Honda Accord, Civic Hatchback, Insight, 2019 Acura ILX, Honda Accord Hybrid, Civic Coupe, Civic Coupe Si, Civic Sedan, Civic Sedan Si, Civic Type R vehicles from the model years 2019-2020 as well as certain Honda Odyssey vehicles from the model years 2018-2019 as well as certain Honda Pilot vehicles from the model years 2018-2019. It is possible that the low-pressure gasoline pump located within the fuel tank will fail to function. A faulty fuel pump can cause an engine to stall while driving, increasing the likelihood of a collision with another vehicle.
It was announced on May 18, 2021, that owner letters will be mailed.
Recall 20V-314 has been extended to include this recall as well.
Exclude some information from your search results
The Acura 2.2CL, Acura 2.3CL, Acura 3.0CL, 2001 Acura 3.2CL, Acura MDX, Honda Accord Coupe, Accord Sedan, Civic Sedan, Odyssey, and Acura 3.5RL, 1999-2000 Acura 3.2TL, Honda Civic Coupe, 1997-2000 CR-V, 1997-1998 EV Plus, and 1998-1999 Isuzu Oasis are among the vehicles that have been recalled by Honda (American Honda Motor Co.). Honda These cars were fitted with Non-Azide Driver air bag inflators (NADI) and did not include phase stabilized ammonium nitrate (PSAN) propellant, which is required by law.
A ruptured inflator in the case of an accident that necessitates the deployment of an air bag may result in metal pieces injuring the driver or other occupants.
The likelihood of significant injury or death increases in certain conditions.
Owners will be advised of the issue starting on March 9, 2020, according to the company.
Once the replacement parts for the cure are available, a second letter will be mailed. If you have any questions, you can call American Honda’s Customer SupportCampaign Center at 1-888-234-2138, or Isuzu customer care at 1-800-255-6727. Details may be found here. Details are hidden.
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain 1997-1998 Acura 2.2CL, 1998-1999 Acura 2.3CL, 1997-1999 Acura 3.0CL, 2001 Acura 3.2CL, and Acura MDX vehicles, 1998-2000 Honda Accord Coupe, Accord Sedan, Civic Sedan, Odyssey, and Acura 3.5RL vehicles, 1999-2000 Acura 3.2TL vehicles, 1996-2000 Civic Coupe vehicles, 1997-2000 CR-V vehicles, 1997-1998 EV Plus vehicles It should be noted that these cars were equipped with Non-Azide Driver air bag inflators (NADI) and did not contain phase stabilized ammonium nitrate (PSAN) propellant.
- The NADI inflators may collect moisture as a result of a manufacturing defect, causing the inflators to burst or the air bag cushion to be underinflated in some instances.
- The person may not be adequately protected by an air bag cushion that is underinflated.
- As soon as the replacement components become available, Honda will contact owners, and dealers will replace the driver frontal air bag inflator with an inflator that is of a different design.
- Once the cure components are ready, a second letter will be sent out.
- Details may be found by clicking here.
The Acura 2.2CL, Acura 2.3CL, Acura 3.0CL, 2001 Acura 3.2CL, Acura MDX, Honda Accord Coupe, Accord Sedan, Civic Sedan, Odyssey, and Acura 3.5RL, 1999-2000 Acura 3.2TL, Honda Civic Coupe, 1997-2000 CR-V, 1997-1998 EV Plus, and 1998-1999 Isuzu Oasis are among the vehicles that have been recalled by Honda (American Honda Motor Co.). These cars were fitted with Non-Azide Driver air bag inflators (NADI) and did not contain phase stabilized ammonium nitrate (PSAN) propellant. The NADI inflators may collect moisture as a result of a manufacturing defect, causing the inflators to burst or the air bag cushion to be underinflated.
It is possible that an underinflated air bag cushion will not provide adequate protection.
When the replacement components become available, Honda will notify owners and dealers will replace the driver frontal air bag inflator with an inflator of a different design.
Once the replacement components for the cure are available, a second letter will be sent out. The American Honda Customer SupportCampaign Center may be reached at 1-888-234-2138, while Isuzu customer care can be reached at 1-800-255-6727. See the specifics Please hide the specifics.
Engine and engine cooling: Engine: Gasoline: Belts and associated pulleys
A recall has been issued by Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) for certain Acura MDX and Honda Pilot cars from model years 2018 to 2019, as well as certain 2019 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid and TLX vehicles, as well as some Honda Odyssey and Ridgeline vehicles. It is possible for the timing belt teeth to detach from the belt. Because of the possibility of engine stalling due to tooth separation from the timing belt, there is an increased danger of an accident. Honda will inform owners, and dealers will test the vehicle and replace any timing belts that are found to be defective at no cost.
The recall was initiated on June 7, 2019.
Honda’s recall number is L4M, and it pertains to this particular model.
Acura’s recall number is Z4L, which stands for “Z4L.” Details may be found here.
Exterior lighting: Tail lights
A recall has been issued by Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) for certain Acura MDX and Honda Pilot cars from model years 2018 to 2019, as well as certain 2019 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid and TLX vehicles, as well as some Honda Odyssey and Ridgeline vehicles from model years 2018. The teeth of the timing belt may come loose from the rest of the belt during operation. Because of the possibility of engine stalling due to tooth separation from the timing belt, there is an increased danger of a collision.
- Vehicles receiving a replacement timing belt will also have their engines evaluated, and any damaged components will be replaced at no cost.
- Call 1-888-234-2138 if you’re a Honda owner and need assistance.
- Call 1-888-234-2138 to speak with a representative from Acura.
- Details may be found by clicking here.
Specifically, the 2003 Acura 3.2CL, 2013-2016 ILX, 2013-2014 ILX Hybrid, 2003-2006 MDX, 2007-2016 RDX, 2002-2003 3.2TL, 2004-2006, and 2009-2014 TL, 2010-2013 ZDX, 2001-2007 and 2010-2011 CR-V, 2003-2011 Element, 2007 Fit, 2002-2004 Odyssey, 2003-2008 Pilot, and 2006-2014 Ridgeline vehicles are being recalled by Honda (American Honda Replacement driver air bag inflators were installed in the affected cars as part of a prior Takata inflator recall remedy, or a replacement driver air bag module containing the same inflator type as a service component was installed in the affected vehicles.
A manufacturing fault has resulted in the possibility of these inflators exploding in the case of an accident requiring deployment of the driver’s frontal air bag.
In response, Honda will contact owners, and dealers will replace the driver’s air bag inflator with an alternative inflator at no cost to the customer.
Owners of Honda vehicles can reach customer support at 1-888-234-2138.
Honda has assigned a recall number of O41 to this particular product. Acura owners can get in touch with customer care by calling 1-888-234-2138. In this case, the recall number is U40 for Acura. Details may be found here. Details are hidden.
Fuel system, other: Delivery: Fuel pump
Several Acura MDX, Acura TLX, and Honda Accord cars equipped with a 3.5L V6 engine, including models from 2016-2018 and 2015-2017, are being recalled by Honda (American Honda Motor Co.). It is possible that particles in the gasoline will attach to the internal components of the fuel pump, limiting the pump’s performance. In some cases, decreased fuel pump performance might result in an engine stall, increasing the likelihood of an accident. Honda will contact owners, and dealers will update the software on the fuel injection engine control unit (FI-ECU) and, if required, replace the fuel pump at no cost to the owner or lessee.
Owners can get in touch with customer assistance by calling 1-888-234-2138.
Honda’s recall number for this recall is N3X, which stands for “N3X.” Details may be found here.
Acura Airbag Recall
Fact Sheet on the Takata Airbag Inflator Recall 5th of January, 2016 – With this paper, consumers and other stakeholders will be able to find out the most up-to-date and accurate information possible about the Takata airbag inflator recall, as it applies to Honda and Acura vehicles in the United States. Unless otherwise stated, all information pertains to the market in the United States alone. Contents of the Table of Contents
|Dateof Crash||Location ofCrash|
Fact Sheet Regarding the Takata Airbag Inflator Recall The 5th of January, 2016, is a Monday. With this paper, consumers and other stakeholders will be able to find out the most up-to-date and accurate information possible about the Takata airbag inflator recall, as it applies to Honda and Acura vehicles sold in the United States. As a general rule, all information pertains to the market in the United States unless otherwise specified. Contents of the Table of Materials
***An Important Note to the News Media Covering This Topic*** There have been several appeals from the news media for the public to check their cars on a regular basis for open recalls and to take prompt action to get the repairs completed if necessary. We are really grateful for your assistance. Additionally, in addition to the list of impacted Honda and Acura vehicles stated above, we continue to ask you to include the following information in your story: Despite the ongoing Takata airbag inflator recalls, Honda continues to encourage owners of Honda and Acura cars to get their vehicles fixed at a Honda or Acura approved dealership as soon as feasible.
A free loaner or rental car will be provided by Honda and Acura dealers until the recall repair can be completed.
Acura Airbag Recall
While Acura makes every effort to provide exceptional automobiles for its loyal consumers, unfortunately, manufacturers in the automobile business occasionally uncover a problem in a component that was utilized in the production of the vehicle. Acura was recently told that the Takata airbag inflators, which were installed in a small number of previous models, are being recalled by the manufacturer. It is recommended that you see our authorized Acura service center near Cape Coral, FL if you operate a car from specific model years between 2002 and 2016.
- The Acura TL is the most afflicted vehicle.
- You may either enter your car’s VIN number or just select the model and year from the drop-down menu.
- Our highly skilled staff of mechanics is prepared to handle these recalls in a timely and professional manner.
- Takata airbags in Acura vehicles should be changed as soon as possible.
- We place the highest priority on your safety, which is why we recommend you to check into this recall as soon as possible.
As usual, thank you for choosing us while your authorized Acura dealership, and we appreciate your patience as we work with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to rectify the issue.
Honda recalling 1.6 million cars to replace Takata airbags. Is your car affected?
- Approximately 1.6 million Honda and Acura vehicles are being recalled to replace Takata front passenger airbag inflators, which have the potential to prove fatal. Ford Motor Company revealed on Friday its fifth and final phase of planned recalls, which the company claims puts it more than six months ahead of the timeframe set by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. As the firm stated in an announcement on Friday, “Honda is issuing this recall in order to encourage each owner of an affected vehicle to arrange repair at a Honda-authorized dealership as soon as feasible.” “Replacement parts are available, all from alternate suppliers, to begin free recall repairs as soon as possible, and a free rental car is available to the vehicle owner for the day of the recall repair or for a longer period of time if a replacement part is temporarily unavailable,” the recall statement reads. A large number of Honda and Acura cars from 2003 to 2015 are included in the recall. All of the vehicles were recalled for the first time in February 2017 and were slated to be recalled a second time to replace the Takata inflators with inflators manufactured by a different manufacturer. A recall of Takata airbags has affected practically all major manufacturers, and the Japanese corporation was forced to file for bankruptcy protection in July 2017. Losartan, a blood pressure medication, has been recalled due to the presence of trace quantities of a carcinogen. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) investigates if your dog is at risk for acquiring heart disease as a result of their food. It was discovered that the airbags were produced with the chemical ammonium nitrate and were prone to bursting upon activation, possibly shooting flaming debris into the cabin. Inflators have been responsible for the deaths of 24 individuals and the injuries of hundreds of others across the world. Honda claims that by the time the new recall is completed, it will have recalled or accounted for 22.6 million inflators in about 12.9 million cars. Accord, Crosstour, and Civic models from 2001 to 2012, 2002 to 2011, CR-V, and CR-Z from 2011 to 2015, 2003 to 2011, Element, Fit, Insight, Odyssey, and Pilot models from 2002 to 2014, and Ridgeline models from 2006 to 2014. Honda models from 2001 to 2012 are affected, as are models from 2010 to 2015 from Honda. The 2003 3.2CL, the 2013 ILX, the 2003-2006 MDX, the 2015 RDX, the 2005-2012 RL, the 2002-2003 3.2TL, the 2009-2014 TL, the 2009-2014 TSX, and the 2010-2013 ZDX are examples of Acura’s line of vehicles. 5 interesting facts concerning the Takata airbag controversy Takata Corp., the scandal-plagued airbag manufacturer, filed for bankruptcy in Delaware and Japan late Sunday, June 25, after paying more than $1 billion in fines for the biggest vehicle safety recall in U.S. history, according to the company’s website. Newslook In mid-August 2019, it is anticipated that owners of the recalled cars will get a written notification in the mail. Owners of impacted cars may check to see if their vehicles are included in the recall right now by contacting 888-234-2138. Honda said in a statement that all Honda Gold Wing bikes equipped with faulty inflators were previously recalled and are still available for repair, according to the company. Customers who own motorcycles can verify the progress of the recall by dialing 866-784-1870. More information regarding the recall may be found here. The Associated Press has contributed to this report. Follow Kelly Tyko, a reporter for USA TODAY, on Twitter: @KellyTyko.
Honda, Acura, & Toyota Issue Safety Recalls Over Faulty Airbags
About 1.6 million Honda and Acura vehicles are being recalled to replace Takata front passenger airbag inflators, which have the potential to be fatal in some circumstances. Earlier this week, Honda revealed its fifth and last round of scheduled recalls, which the company claims is six months ahead of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s timeline. As the firm stated in an announcement on Friday, “Honda is issuing this recall in order to encourage each owner of an impacted vehicle to arrange repair at a Honda-authorized dealer as soon as feasible.” To begin free recall repairs immediately, replacement parts are available from different suppliers, and a complimentary rental car is offered to the vehicle owner for the duration of the recall repair or longer if a replacement component is temporarily unavailable.
Many Honda and Acura cars from 2003 to 2015 are included in the recall.
A recall of Takata airbags has impacted practically all major manufacturers, and the Japanese corporation was forced to file for bankruptcy protection in July 2017.
According to the FDA, your dog may be at risk for getting heart disease as a result of the food he or she is eating.
Inflators have been responsible for the deaths of 24 individuals and the injuries of hundreds more throughout the world.
Accord, Crosstour, and Civic models from 2001 to 2012, 2002 to 2011, CR-V, and CR-Z from 2011 to 2015, 2003 to 2011, Element, Fit, Insight, Odyssey, and Pilot models from 2002 to 2015, and Ridgeline models from 2006 to 2014.
The 2003 3.2CL, the 2013 ILX, the 2003-2006 MDX, the 2015 RDX, the 2005-2012 RL, the 2002-2003 3.2TL, the 2009-2014 TL, the 2009-2014 TSX, and the 2010-2013 ZDX are examples of Acura’s line of luxury vehicles.
When Takata Corp.
Newslook In mid-August 2019, it is anticipated that owners of the recalled cars will get a written notice in the mail.
A statement from Honda noted that all Gold Wing bikes equipped with faulty inflators had been covered in previous recalls, and that they were still eligible for repairs.
866-784-1870, motorcycle consumers can inquire about the recall status via phone. For further information, see the website. Associated Press is a contributor. Follow Kelly Tyko, a reporter for USA TODAY, on Twitter: @KellyTyko