General Motors is recalling 34,157 Cadillac CT4 and CT5 sedans from the 2020-2022 model years to address a problem with the side-curtain airbags. The roof-rail airbags may not have been installed correctly, which could lead to them improperly deploying during a crash.
- Cadillac’s Takata Recalls. The Takata airbag recall is the largest automotive recall in U.S. history with more than 100 million vehicles affected worldwide. The inflators become unstable over time and can rupture / explode during an airbag deployment, shooting metal fragments into the cabin.
Which GM vehicles are being recalled for airbags?
The recall covers certain 2015 and 2016 Chevrolet and GMC Sierra 1500, 2500, and 3500 trucks. Documents posted Friday by U.S. safety regulators say the air bag inflator can rupture or the end cap can fly off on both sides of the trucks.
What Cadillacs are being recalled?
General Motors, LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2021 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, GMC Yukon, Yukon XL, Chevrolet Suburban, and Tahoe vehicles with third-row seating.
How do I know if my Cadillac has a recall?
To check for recalls on your GM vehicle, enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) below. Call for recall assistance on Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. EST.
- Buick: 1-800-521-7300.
- Cadillac: 1-800-458-8006.
- Chevrolet: 1-800-222-1020.
Are my airbags on the recall list?
Visit NHTSA.gov/recalls to find out if your car or truck is under recall. Search using your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). Your search result will tell you if your car or truck is included in this recall or any other safety recall. Call your local dealer to schedule the FREE repair.
Do Cadillacs have Takata airbags?
GM Recalls 5.9 Million Trucks, SUVs for Faulty Takata Airbags. GM has officially issued recalls for millions of Chevrolet, GMC, and Cadillac trucks and SUVs to replace faulty Takata airbags. Owners will also be able to check to see whether their vehicle is recalled on NHTSA’s website.
Which GM models are being recalled?
Make and model years: BUICK ENCLAVE 2010-2015, 2017. CHEVROLET TRAVERSE 2010-2019. Other affected vehicles include:
- 2018 Chevrolet Malibu.
- 2018–2019 Buick LaCrosse.
- 2018–2020 Chevrolet Equinox and Traverse and GMC Terrain.
- 2019–2020 Buick Enclave, Buick Encore, Cadillac XT4, Chevrolet Blazer, and GMC Acadia.
- 2020 Cadillac XT6.
What is the recall on 2010 Cadillac SRX?
General Motors, LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2010-2016 Cadillac SRX and 2011-2012 Saab 9-4X vehicles. The rear suspension toe link adjuster may not have been tightened properly, which could result in a loose toe link. A loose toe link can separate and cause a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
Is there a recall on Cadillac Escalade?
Recall no. General Motors, LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2021 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Suburban, Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles. A software issue may cause a loss of power steering assist at startup or while driving.
What is Cadillac SRX?
The Cadillac SRX is a mid-size luxury SUV and compact luxury crossover SUV (CUV) manufactured and marketed by Cadillac over two generations: the first generation as a five-door, three-row, seven-passenger CUV (2003–2009), and the second generation as a five-door, two-row, five-passenger CUV (2010–2016) – the latter
How long are GM recalls good for?
The statute of limitations for all no-charge recalls is 8 years from the original sale date of the vehicle. After that time, you may be required to pay if you wish to have the part or parts replaced or corrected.
What is GM recall N192268490?
GM is recalling six of its large pickups and SUVs across three nameplates for a possible brake defect. Owners can reach Chevrolet customer service at (800) 630-2438, Cadillac customer service at (800) 458-8006, or GMC customer service at (800) 462-8782. GM’s reference number for this recall is N192268490.
What is GM recall N212328760?
GM will replace the front passenger airbag inflator free of charge. To check if your vehicle has been recalled, visit the NHTSA’s dedicated Takata recall page or visit GM’s Takata recall page, or call Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020; Cadillac at 1-800-458-8006; and GMC at 1-800-462-8782. GM’s recall number is N212328760.
What year cars are affected by the Takata airbag recall?
Affected models are: 2010–2011 Civic, CR-V, and Element; 2010–2012 Accord and Acura RL; 2010–2013 Fit and Acura ZDX; 2010–2014 Insight, Ridgeline, and Acura TSX; 2010–2015 Crosstour and Pilot; 2011–2014 Acura TSX wagon; 2014 FCX Clarity and Fit EV.
How long does it take to replace airbags?
How long will the service take? Some vehicles only require a driver’s side replacement. In that case, the service will take roughly an hour and a half. Some vehicles will require both a driver and passenger airbag inflator replacement, which will take about 3 hours.
What caused the Takata airbag recall?
Regulators determined that the potentially deadly flaw in the Takata airbag lies in the airbag’s propellant. To inflate the airbags, Takata used an ammonium nitrate compound without a drying agent. However, this propellant can burn too fast and cause the inflator to explode.
Ram Pickups and Cadillacs Recalled for Airbag Problems
Due to airbag issues, several Cadillac and Ram trucks have recently been recalled by their respective manufacturers. If you own one of these types of cars, you should check your vehicle identification number (VIN) on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website to determine if it is subject to one of these recalls.
FCA US Recalls Over 200,000 Ram Pickups for Airbag Problems
There are more than 200,000 Ram pickups that are affected by the current safety recall. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) acknowledged the recall on August 17, 2021. Chrysler (FCA US, LLC) is recalling the following vehicles:
- Exceptions include: Ram 1500 Classic vehicles from 2015 to 2020, Ram 3500 and Ram 2500 vehicles from 2015 to 2016, Ram 3500 Cab Chassis from 2016 to 2020, and Ram 3500 Cab Chassis from 2016 to 2020 with a gross vehicle weight rating of less than 10,000 lbs.
One potential risk is that the side airbag inflated curtain inflator end cap may detach or burst from the inflator, resulting in a side airbag curtain detachment or rupture. This has the potential to allow pressurised gas to escape, resulting in an airbag explosion if it does happen. End caps and other components might be thrown into the car, increasing the likelihood of an accident or an injury. Dealers will evaluate the airbag and, if required, replace it at no cost to the customer. After that, the corporation will begin distributing letters to owners warning them of the problem starting on October 1, 2021.
GM Recalls Over 34,000 Vehicles Because of Airbag Problems
One potential risk is that the side airbag inflatable curtain inflator end cap may detach or burst from the inflator, resulting in a side airbag curtain that is not inflated. An airbag explosion is possible if this occurs because pressurised gas can escape through the ruptured airbag. End caps and other components might be thrown into the car, increasing the likelihood of an accident and an injury. Without charging you anything, dealers will examine and repair the airbag if it is deemed required.
In order to obtain further information, customers should contact customer care at 1-800-853-1403.
Recalls Unrelated to Takata Airbag Issues
According to reports, these recalls have nothing to do with the enormous Takata airbag recalls that have happened over the previous several years. Ammonium nitrate was used as a propellant in those airbags, which was thought to be unstable and to increase the danger of airbag ruptures over time, according to the manufacturer. To far, 19 people have died and more than 400 others have been injured in the United States alone as a result of faulty Takata airbags.
GM Recalls 1.9 Million Trucks and SUVs for Defective Takata Airbags
In contrast to the enormous Takata airbag recalls that have happened over the last several years, it is believed that these recalls are unconnected. There was concern that the propellant in those airbags, ammonium nitrate, might become unstable and increase the likelihood of airbag ruptures over time. The Takata airbag recall has resulted in 19 deaths and more than 400 injuries in the United States alone, according to the manufacturer.
- Chevrolet Avalanche 2007-2011, Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2007-2011, Chevrolet Suburban 2007-2011, Chevrolet Tahoe 2007-2011, GMCSierra 1500 2007-2011, GMCYukon 2007-2011, GMCYukon XL 2009-2011, Chevrolet Silverado 2500, Chevrolet Silverado 3500, GMCSierra 2500, Chevrolet Silverado 3500, Chevrolet Silverado 3500, Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Chevrolet Silvera
‘In the event of an accident requiring the activation of front airbags, these inflators may burst owing to propellant degradation that occurs after prolonged exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling,’ according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in its recall statement. An inflator rupture may cause metal pieces to strike the vehicle’s passengers, potentially causing serious damage or death. According to General Motors, the impacted vehicles are fitted with “exclusive Takata inflators designed specifically for GM’s vehicles.” In a statement on a new consumer website meant to assist consumers with Takata recall issues, the carmaker stated that it “believes these vehicles are safe to drive at this time.” In a statement, General Motors stated that the company has received “zero incidents of inflators rupturing in these cars” since the vehicles’ introduction.
- “This covers an estimated 44,000 deployments,” says the author.
- GM has begun a third-party environmental research in order to replicate the impact of long-term temperature on the aging of the inflator.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that General Motors has not identified a remediation strategy or offered a recall notification timetable.
- The revised information will be posted on the new General Motors customer website when it becomes available.
Edmundssays: GM dealers are awaiting the arrival of replacement parts in this recall. It is recommended that clients keep in constant contact with their dealer or visit the new GM/Takata website to obtain the most up-to-date information possible.
GM to recall nearly 6 million vehicles in U.S. to replace Takata air bags
‘In the event of an accident requiring the activation of front airbags, these inflators may burst owing to propellant degradation that occurs after prolonged exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling,’ according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in its recall statement. ” “When an inflator ruptures, metal pieces may strike the vehicle’s occupants, causing serious damage or death.” According to General Motors, the impacted vehicles are fitted with “exclusive Takata inflators designed specifically for GM’s automobiles.” In a statement on a new consumer website meant to assist consumers with Takata recall issues, the carmaker stated that it “believes these vehicles are safe to operate at this time.” To far, General Motors has received no reports of inflators rupturing in these vehicles since they first went on the road in 2008.
- “Approximately 44,000 deployments are covered by this agreement.” “We are not aware of any injuries associated with this preliminary recall,” GM spokesperson Tom Wilkinson toldEdmunds.
- Aparts-return program, which will collect and CT scan Takata inflators recovered from GM cars, is also being developed by General Motors (GM).
- Customers who are affected by the recall will be notified of the following steps, according to GM.
- The following numbers can be used to reach Cadillac customer service: 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service: 1-800-222-1020, and GMC customer service: 1-800-462-8782 Edmundssays: There is a backlog of components at GM dealerships because of the recall.
- This is due to propellant deterioration that occurs after long-term exposure to absolute humidity and temperature cycling, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in its recall statement. “A ruptured inflator may result in metal shards impacting the vehicle’s occupants, causing serious damage or death.” GM stated that the affected cars are fitted with “specific Takata inflators designed specifically for GM’s vehicles.” In an announcement on a new consumer website meant to assist consumers with Takata recall issues, the carmaker stated that it “believes these vehicles are safe to drive at this time.” To far, General Motors has received no reports of inflators rupturing in these vehicles since they went into production, the company said in a statement. “This is projected to cover 44,000 deployments.” “We are not aware of any injuries as a result of this preliminary recall,” GM spokesperson Tom Wilkinson toldEdmunds. GM has begun a third-party environmental research to replicate long-term temperature impacts on inflator aging. General Motors is also putting together a parts-return program that will collect and CT scan Takata inflators that have been recovered from General Motors cars. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, General Motors has not selected a solution plan or set a recall notification timetable. GM stated that it will notify consumers who are affected by the recall and inform them of the following steps. The new General Motors customer website will be updated when new information becomes available. Owners can reach Cadillac customer care at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, and GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. Edmundssays: Dealers are awaiting the arrival of components in this recall. It is recommended that clients keep in constant contact with their dealer or visit the new GM/Takata website to obtain the most up-to-date information.
Automakers have petitioned the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration four times since 2016 to avoid recalls, claiming that the airbag inflator canisters have shown to be safe on the road and in testing. According to a statement released by the government on Monday, the inflators continue to pose a danger of explosion. Owners complained to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) that the corporation prioritized money over safety. Consumer advocacy group U.S. Public Interest Research Group (US PIRG Education Fund) said in a statement that the GM recall is “an enormous step in the right direction.” “Air bags are designed to protect drivers, not to cause extra damage.
Largest series of recalls in U.S. history
Takata inflators that burst into flames triggered the greatest wave of vehicle recalls in United States history, with at least 63 million inflators being recalled. According to the United States government, more than 11.1 million people have not been repaired as of September. A total of around 100 million inflators have been recalled across the world. As part of a settlement with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Honda agreed to pay $96.5 million to resolve an investigation into faulty air bags in certain of its vehicles.
territories, and the District of Columbia.
Takata recall02:24 – Takata recall Takata employed volatile ammonium nitrate to cause a tiny explosion in order to fill air bags in the event of an accident.
Twenty-seven individuals have been killed globally as a result of the bursting inflators, with 18 deaths occurring in the United States.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s decision on Monday is a significant step in bringing the Takata story to a closure. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, this implies that all Takata ammonium nitrate inflators in the United States will be recalled. Earlier this year, the EPA opted against issuing a recall for inflators that include a dessicant, which is a chemical that absorbs moisture. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said it would monitor those inflators and take action if any concerns arose.
A prepared statement from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration stated that it reviewed all available data on air bags, including engineering and statistical analysis, aging tests, and field data.
” According to the statement, the corporation has 30 days to submit to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration a recommended plan for contacting car owners and initiating the recall.
The Chevrolet Silverado is the company’s best-selling vehicle and the second-best-selling vehicle in the United States.
Avoiding further drama
GM stated that, despite the fact that it does not feel a recall is justified based on the factual and scientific evidence, it would adhere by the NHTSA’s determination in this matter. In a statement released Monday, Spokesman Dan Flores stated that none of the inflators had gone apart in the field or during laboratory testing. However, he stated that GM want to avoid a protracted battle with the government. Takata is in much worse trouble01:36 We will abide by NHTSA’s decision, he said in an email.
In a 2019 appeal to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, General Motors stated that the inflators were constructed to its requirements and are safe, with no explosions occurring despite the fact that approximately 67,000 air bags had been deployed in the field.
The inflators, according to the company, feature wider vents and steel end caps, which make them more durable. However, as part of a 2015 deal with the government, Takata determined that the General Motors front passenger inflators were faulty.
4,270 inflators tested
The company stated in its petition that Northrop Grumman tested 4,270 inflators by intentionally increasing humidity and temperature cycling, and that there were no explosions or unexpected deployments as a result of the testing. However, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) retained air bag chemistry specialist Harold Blomquist, who has 25 airbag patents, to evaluate the data, and he found that the GM air bags were identical to other Takata inflators that have detonated in the past.
Flores stated that General Motors has already ordered 1.6 million new inflators manufactured by ZF-TRW that do not contain ammonium nitrate.
The stock of General Motors gained 4.5 percent in afternoon trading on Monday, reaching $44.96, its highest level in more than a year.
Recalls will be phased in
The company stated in its appeal that Northrop Grumman tested 4,270 inflators by intentionally increasing humidity and temperature cycling, and that there were no explosions or unexpected deployments as a result of the tests. However, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) retained air bag chemistry specialist Harold Blomquist, who has 25 airbag patents, to evaluate the data, and he found that the GM air bags were identical to other Takata inflators that had detonated in previous vehicles.
It’s a good day for millions of General Motors owners who have had to wait four years for a decision on whether or not they are driving with an unexploded hand grenade in their steering wheel, according to Jason Levine, executive director of the nonprofit Center for Auto Safety, which opposed the company’s petitions to avoid recalls.
On Monday afternoon trading, General Motors shares climbed 4.5 percent, reaching $44.96, the company’s best level in more than a year. It finished at $44.77 per share on Friday afternoon.
Download our Free App
The company stated in its appeal that Northrop Grumman tested 4,270 inflators by intentionally increasing humidity and temperature cycling, and that there were no explosions or unexpected deployments as a result. However, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) engaged air bag chemistry specialist Harold Blomquist, who has 25 airbag patents, to evaluate the data, and he found that the GM air bags were identical to other Takata inflators that had detonated. The findings of the tests on the GM inflators indicated abnormally high pressure events that were “indicative of a potential future rupture risk,” according to records from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Flores stated that General Motors has already ordered 1.6 million replacement inflators manufactured by ZF-TRW that do not contain ammonium nitrate.
GM shares gained 4.5 percent in afternoon trading on Monday, reaching $44.96, the company’s best level in more than a year.
Takata Airbag Recall: A Complete List of Affected Vehicles
There have been at least 22 deaths as a result of the faulty Takata airbags, and hundreds of people have been wounded as a result of the bursting inflators. As a result of these deaths, a worldwide recall has been issued, which covers 42 million cars in the United States that are equipped with potentially dangerous inflators. The following is a comprehensive list of all of the recalled car models.
Regulators Work to Prevent More Deaths
In the most recent case, Huma Hanif, 17, was killed when the Takata airbag inflator in her 2002 Honda Civic exploded, according to authorities. Metal shards were blasted into the car cabin as a result of the breach, and a piece of metal shrapnel struck Hanif in the neck, causing him to lose consciousness. As a result of the incident, the adolescent died from internal bleeding. Honda issued a statement claiming they contacted out to Hanif and her family on many occasions regarding the recall of her vehicle, despite the fact that the family claimed they were unaware of the recall.
It is possible that the recall list below may grow to include additional 85 million automobiles.
Check to check whether your vehicle is included in the list. If this is the case, go to safercar.gov and enter your Vehicle Identification Number, or VIN number, into the recall look-up tool, which will then tell you whether or not your vehicle’s airbag inflators need to be replaced.
What Cars Are on the Recall List for Takata Airbags?
- 2002-2003 Acura 3.2TL
- 2013-2016 Acura ILX
- 2013-2014 Acura ILX Hybrid
- 2003-2006 Acura MDX
- 2007-2016 Acura RDX
- 2005-2012 Acura RL
- 2009-2014 Acura TL
- 2009-2014 Acura TSX
- 2010-2013 Acura ZDX
- 2003-2006 Acura 3.2CL
- 2002-2003 Acura 3.2TL
- 2003-2004 Acura 3.2TL
- 2003-2004 Acura
- The Audi A3 was produced from 2006 to 2013
- The Audi A4 was produced from 2006 to 2009
- The Audi A4 was produced from 2005 to 2008
- The Audi A5 was produced from 2010 to 2011
- The Audi A6 was produced from 2003 to 2011
- The Audi Q5 was produced from 2009 to 2012
- The 2017 Audi R8 was produced from 2008 to 2017
- The Audi S4 was produced from 2005 to 2008
- The Audi S4 was produced from 2007 to 2009
- The Audi
- 2008-2013 BMW 1 Series
- 2000-2013 BMW 3 Series
- 2002-2003 BMW 5 Series
- 2011-2015 BMW X1
- 2007-2010 BMW X3
- 2003-2013 BMW X5
- 2008-2014 BMW X6
- 2010-2011 BMW X6 Hybrid
- 2008-2013 BMW 1 Series
- Cadillac Escalade from 2007 to 2014
- Cadillac Escalade ESV from 2007 to 2014
- Cadillac Escalade EXT from 2007 to 2013.
- A Cadillac Escalade from 2007 to 2014
- A Cadillac Escalade ESV from 2007 to 2014
- A Cadillac Escalade EXT from 2007 to 2013
- And a Cadillac Escalade ESV from 2007 to 2014.
- Chrysler 300 (2005-2015)
- Chrysler Aspen (2007-2009)
- Chrysler Crossfire (2007-2008)
- Chrysler 300 (2005-2015).
- Dodge Sprinter from 2007 to 2009
- Freightliner Sprinter from 2007 to 2017
- Mercedes-Benz Sprinter from 2010 to 2017
- Dodge Challenger (2008-2014)
- Dodge Charger (2006-2015)
- Dodge Dakota (2005-2011)
- Dodge Durango (2004-2009)
- Dodge Magnum (2005-2008)
- Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500 Pickup (2003-2008)
- Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup (2005-2009)
- Dodge Ram 3500 Cab Chassis (2007-2010)
- Dodge Ram 4500/5500 Cab Chassis (2008-2010)
- Dodge Ram 4500/5500
- The Ferrari 458 Italia was produced from 2010 to 2015, as was the Ferrari 458 Speciale, which was produced from 2014 to 2015, and the Ferrari 458 Speciale A, which was produced from 2012 to 2015. The Ferrari 458 Spider was produced from 2012 to 2015, as was the Ferrari 488 GTB and the Ferrari 488 Spider, which was produced from 2009 to 2014. The Ferrari California was produced from 2009 to 2014, as was the Ferrari California T
- The Ferrari F12 was produced from 2013 to 2017, as was the Ferrari F12
- Ford Edge (2007-2010)
- Ford Fusion (2006-2012)
- Ford GT (2005-2006)
- Ford Mustang (2005-2014)
- Ford Ranger (2004-2011)
- Ford Taurus (2004-2011).
- From 2007 to 2010, Ford Edge
- 2006 to 2012 Ford Fusion
- 2005 to 2006 Ford GT
- 2005 to 2014 Ford Mustang
- And 2004 to 2011 Ford Ranger are some of the models that have been produced by Ford.
- The Honda Accord (2001-2012), Honda Civic (2003-2011), Honda Civic Hybrid (2001-2011), Honda Civic NGV (2001-2011), Honda Crosstour (2010-2015), Honda CR-V (2002-2011), Honda CR-Z (2003-2011), Honda Element (2003-2011), Honda FCX Clarity (2010-2014), Honda Insight (2010-2014), Honda Odyssey (2002-2004), Honda Pilot (2003-2015), Honda Ridgeline (2006-2014),
- 2003-2008 Infiniti FX
- 2001-2002 Infiniti I30
- 2002-2004 Infiniti I35
- 2006-2010 Infiniti M
- 2002-2003 Infiniti QX4
- 2003-2008 Infiniti QX6
- 2003-2008 Infiniti QX7
- 2003-2008 Infiniti QX8
- 2003-2008 Infiniti QX9
- 2003-2008 Infiniti QX10
- 2003-2008 Infiniti Q
- 2007-2012 Lexus ES350
- 2010-2017 Lexus GX460
- 2006-2013 Lexus IS250/350
- 2010-2015 Lexus IS250C/350C
- 2008-2014 Lexus IS F
- 2012 Lexus LFA
- 2002-2010 Lexus SC430
- Mazda B-Series (2004-2009)
- Mazda CX-7 (2007-2012)
- Mazda CX-9 (2007-2015)
- Mazda6 (2003-2011)
- Mazda Mazdaspeed6 (2006-2007)
- Mazda MPV (2004-2006)
- Mazda RX-8 (2004-2011)
- Mazda RX-8 (2004-2011).
- McLaren 570 (2016-2017)
- McLaren 650S (2015-2016)
- McLaren 675LT (2016-2017)
- McLaren MP4-12C (2012-2014)
- McLaren P1 (2011-2015)
- McLaren 570 (2016-2017)
- McLaren 570 (2016-2017
- Mercedes-Benz C-Class from 2005 to 2014
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class from 2010 to 2011
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Cabrio from 2011 to 2017
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe from 2010 to 2017
- Mercedes-Benz GL-Class from 2009 to 2012
- Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class from 2010 to 2015
- Mercedes-Benz ML-Class from 2009 to 2012
- Mercedes-Benz R-Class from 2009 to 2012
- Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class from 2007 to 2008
- Mercedes-Benz SLS-
- From 2012 to 2017, Mitsubishi will produce the i-MiEV
- The Lancer from 2004 to 2007
- The Lancer Evolution from 2004 to 2006
- The Lancer Sportback from 2004 to 2009
- And the Raider from 2006 to 2009.
- Several Nissan models were produced between 2001 and 2003, including the Maxima, Pathfinder, and Sentra, as well as the Versa, which was produced between 2007 and 2012.
- Several Saab models were produced from 2005 to 2006, including the Saab 9-2x, the Saab 9-3, the Saab 9-5, and the Saab 9-6.
- Several Saab models were produced between 2005 and 2006, including the 9-2x, 9-3, and 9-5.
- Toyota 4Runner (2010-2016)
- Toyota Corolla (2003-2013)
- Toyota Corolla Matrix (2003-2008)
- Toyota Matrix (2009-2013)
- Toyota Rav4 (2004-2005)
- Toyota Sequoia (2002-2006)
- Toyota Sienna (2011-2014)
- Toyota Tundra (2003-2006)
- Toyota Yaris (2006-2011)
- Toyota Yaris (2007-2012)
- Toyota Yaris (2007-2012
- Porsche Cayenne
- Porsche Cayenne Sport Coupe
- Porsche Cayenne Sport Utility Vehicle
- Porsche Cayenne Sport Coupe Sport Utility Vehicle
- Porsche Cayenne Sport Utility Vehicle.
Contact an Experienced Takata Recall Attorney
If you or a loved one has been hurt by a Takata airbag that was found to be faulty and hazardous, contact Thomas J. Henry right once. Our experts are available to analyze your claim and give you with a free legal consultation at any time of day or night, including weekends and holidays. Our business has locations in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Houston, and we serve customers across Texas and throughout the United States.
GM, Volvo Issue Safety Recalls
The Cadillac CT5 is one of the vehicles that General Motors is recalling due to an airbag problem. Photo courtesy of Bobit. Over the past two decades, the number of automobile recalls has increased in the United States. The McKinsey Company estimates that for every car sold in the United States, an average of 3.1 automobiles were recalled. Manufacturers are working hard to anticipate and minimize recalls, yet they continue to be much too prevalent in the industry. Recently, two large manufacturers announced recalls for product safety.
- Other vehicles affected include the Chevrolet Tahoe, Corvette, Suburban, GMC Yukon, and Yukon XL vehicles from the model years 2021 to 2022.
- A malfunctioning indicator light may fail to alert the driver of an issue with the air bag, increasing the probability of an accident occurring.
- Owner notice letters will be mailed on July 19, 2021, to all property owners.
- Buick customer support is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Due to the possibility of a blown fuse and failure of the low-pressure fuel pump in the 2019-2020 V90 and XC90, Volvo Car USA LLC is recalling about 85550 2019-2020 S60, V60, V60CC, S90, V90CC, S90L, and XC90 cars.
- Because of this, the likelihood of a collision increases.
- Letters of notification to property owners will be mailed on August 1, 2021.
- R10100 is the recall number assigned by Volvo Cars for this particular issue.
GM Recalls 5.9M Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbags
Paul D’Adamo is an American actor and director. We were just recently informed about a Volvo Airbag Recall in November, which seems hilarious given the timing of the announcement. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has determined that the General Motors inflators are exposed to the same concerns as the Ford inflators, including moisture, temperature, and age, making them vulnerable as a safety threat. GM has petitioned the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) during the previous four years to be exempt from the Recall.
According to General Motors, the danger of rupture was reduced in these vehicles because of “unique design changes.” The first Takata airbag recall was predicated on the fact that inflators ignited with explosive power, causing metal shards to fly throughout the passenger compartment.
The ammonium-nitrate-based propellant would inflate inappropriately as a result of environmental moisture, high temperatures, and aging, resulting in the premature rupture of the inflator.
Many of the GM models that have been recalled are recognizable to auto recyclers, including Chevrolet, GMC, and Cadillac trucks and SUVs from the model years 2007 to 2014. The only airbags that will need to be replaced are the passenger airbags.
|Silverado 1500, 2500, 3500||Sierra 1500, 2500, 3500||Escalade|
Paul D’Adamo is a writer and musician from the United States. We were only recently informed about a Volvo Airbag Recall in November, which seems ironic given the timing of the recall. Because the GM inflators are prone to the same concerns as the other brands, such as moisture, temperature, and age, NHTSA has determined that they pose a safety danger to motorists in the same manner as other brands. Over the course of four years, General Motors petitioned the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to be exempt from the Recall.
- Because to “unique design changes,” General Motors claims that these vehicles had a decreased chance of rupture.
- The lack of a chemical drying agent for the propellant was revealed to be the root cause of the issue.
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has refused General Motors’ demand to be exempt from recall.
- The only airbags that will need to be replaced are those in the front seats of the vehicle.
News: GM Recalls Nearly 6 Million Trucks, SUVs With Takata Airbag Inflators – The Fast Lane Truck
General Motors has issued a new recall that affects roughly 6 million vehicles that may have Takata airbag inflators that are possibly unsafe. (Photo courtesy of TFLtruck)
Another Takata airbag recall, this time centered on GM vehicles.
Approximately 6 million trucks and SUVs in the United States would be covered by the initiative, which was revealed Wednesday by the carmaker. The announcement follows a previous report in December, which stated that the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) had ordered the business to recall impacted cars. These General Motors cars outfitted with Takata airbag inflators represent the same danger as a number of other Takata-related recalls that have occurred over the course of the past decade.
When these inflators are used, they employ an ammonium nitrate propellant, which can deteriorate over time, especially when exposed to high humidity or extreme temperature changes.
- Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT
- Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, and Silverado HD
- Chevrolet Suburban and Tahoe
- GMC Sierra and Sierra HD
- GMC Yukon and Yukon XL
- Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Escalade EXT
- Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, and Esca
In all, 5,953,594 cars equipped with Takata inflators are covered by the GM recall operation. Owners will be notified via mail in March, according to the business. Beyond that, according to GM Authority, the firm will notify owners when replacement components for the old airbag assemblies will be made available to them. The repairs will be carried out at no cost by qualified technicians. There have been a total of 26 deaths and several hundred injuries worldwide due to defective Takata airbag inflators as of December 2015.
The company was then bought by Key Safety Systems, which is located in the United States (now Joyson Safety Systems). Owners may check if their car is included in this recall effort by visiting General Motors’ recall webpage and entering their VIN.