What is the best synthetic gear oil?
- Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lube LS Red Line MT-90 Royal Purple Max Gear Lucas Synthetic Gear Oil Valvoline SynPower Full Synthetic Gear Oil Castrol Syntrax Limited Slip
Is 75w85 synthetic?
SynGear 75W-85 is a full synthetic gear lubricant meeting API GL-5, specially designed for use in both limited slip (LS) and hypoid differentials, manual gearboxes and transfer cases.
Who makes Toyota gear oil?
In this instance Ravenol (the lubricant manufacturer) has chosen to label a gear oil as MTF. Ravenol cross references MTF-1 to Toyota part numbers that are recommended for use in the front and rear Toyota differentials (e.g. Toyota Differential Gear Oil LT GL-5 75W-85).
What is 75W gear oil?
Valvoline Gear Oil 75W is a full synthetic multi-vehicle gear oil with mild EP additives. This product is suitable for gearboxes and transaxles where the manufacturer specifies GL-4 SAE 75W lubricant.
Can you use 75W-90 Synthetic gear oil?
Mobil Synthetic Gear Oil 75W-90 is a fully synthetic gear lubricant formulated from synthetic base oils and an advanced additive system. It is designed for use in many railway gearboxes and provides excellent load-carrying capability where extreme pressures and shock loading are expected.
Can I use 75w90 instead of 75w85?
Can I safely replace 75W-85 with 75W-90? Our answer: Yes, 75W-85 gear oil can most definitely be replaced by 75W-90.
What is the difference between 75w85 and 75w90 gear oil?
Yeah, 75w90 is just fine. 75w85 is just a gear lube that ‘supposedly’ offers better fuel economy. It might in a controlled test setting, but it is quite a stretch to think it makes any difference out here in the real world.
What does LT mean in gear oil?
LT is for Non-Limited Slip Differentials. Toyota Genuine Parts 08885-02506 Differential Gear Oil LT – 1 Liter: Amazon.com: Automotive. LXfor Limited Slip.
What is gear oil LT 75W 85?
Toyota Gear Oil LT 75W-85 is a differential gear oil from Toyota. It was developed specifically for the needs of Toyota differential gears, but can also be easily used in transmissions from other manufacturers.
Is Toyota differential gear oil Synthetic?
Genuine Toyota 75W-140 Differential Gear Oil is a fully synthetic gear oil.
What is the difference between 75w80 and 75w90?
a 90 is thicker/heavier than an 80.
When should you change gearbox oil?
Manual gearboxes usually require a gearbox oil change every 30,000 to 50,000 mi (48,000 to 80,000 km). Automatic gearboxes usually have gear oil change intervals of between 60,000 to 100,000 mi (96,000 to 160,000 km). It’s advisable that you change your gearbox oil filter at the same time as your oil.
What is FE gear oil?
Mobil Gear Oil FE 75W is a high performance gear oil blended from high quality mineral base oils and an advanced additive system to meet Peugeot’s & Citroën’s specification. Mobil Gear Oil FE 75W is specially developed for PSA’s (Peugeot / Citroën) manual gearboxes with integrated differentials.
Which is better 75W90 or 80W90?
Ans: 75W90 is artificial and mostly better than 80W90, but it costs more. 75W90 has a better low-temperature viscosity and is good to run all over. If you’re in a warmer zone, using 75w90 will be more suitable than 80w90 for you.
What color is 75W-90 gear oil?
Product Description. Red Line’s 75W90 Synthetic Gear Oil is their most popular gear oil, and is the preferred product in nearly all car and light truck differentials, both conventional and limited-slip. 75W90 is preferred for most racing applications.
Can I mix synthetic gear oil with regular gear oil?
Mixing. Indeed, some commercially available gear oils are a mixture of synthetic PAO oil and mineral oil in various proportions. This is a clear indication that synthetic and regular mineral gear oils can be mixed.
Amazon.com: Red Line 50104 75W85 GL-5 Gear Oil, 1 Quart, 1 Pack : Automotive
The article was reviewed in the United States on November 5, 2018. 1 Quart in Volume (32 Ounces) Purchase that has been verified This GL-5 75/85 RedLine was installed on the rear differentials of my 2017 Toyota Tundra SR5 5.7L/V8. I’m about 4 pints into it. What I discovered was that the transmission shifts more easily, is quieter, and accelerates more linearly than before. It is a more satisfying experience since the entire vehicle seems more responsive as a result. ( I went to the company’s website and found the following description of this particular differential oil: QUOTE A popular choice in many late-model vehicles, including BMW, Dodge, Ford Focus RS, Jeep, Mercedes-Benz differential, Toyota light truck, and Lexus differential and transfer case.
This product is not intended for use in most manual gearboxes or transaxles with synchronizers because of the possibility of shifting issues due to excessive slipperiness.
Many Formula One transaxles, such as the Hewland LD-200 and the FTR sequential, use this design as well as others.
API GL-5, GL-6, MT-1, MIL-L2105E, and SAE J2360 End Quote are all recommended for use.
- On March 20, 2019, AllAs posted a blog post.
- 1 Quart in Volume (32 Ounces) Purchase that has been verified I have a modern Jeep with axles that were designed in Germany.
- Due to the fact that dealerships were charging upwards of $50 for Mopar P/N 5136035AA, I diligently explored alternate options.
- I was looking for a fluid that was as close to the OEM fluid as feasible.
- Red Line 50104 is identical to the Mopar product in that it is totally synthetic, has the same viscosity range, and has the same API service grade.
I’ll be able to utilize this things with confidence since I’ll have an extra $100 in my pocket.
1 Quart in Volume (32 Ounces) Purchase that has been verified I had 36k miles on my 2016 4runner trail edition when I decided to change the rear diff fluid.
I used the entire 3qts of this fluid and there was no trickling out or overflow because I used the entire 3qts.
The truck is in excellent condition.
But I won’t be using this fluid when I service the transfer case at 50k miles, since I will be using something else.
1 Gallon in Capacity (128 Ounces) Purchase that has been verified This is an excellent product.
There was a problem with the shipment, and the container was broken, allowing water to pour out.
They did not hesitate or lose a beat in shipping out a replacement order as soon as it was received.
This is an excellent transaction, and I will not only continue to do business with them in the future, but I would also strongly suggest them to anybody I know who is looking for a completely honest and reliable vendor.
A+++++++++ On February 3, 2020, a review was conducted in the United States.
Mopar was quoted at $64.79 a quart by the dealer.
Always remove the fill plug first to avoid draining the fluid and becoming stranded if you are unable to remove it.
5.0 stars out of 5 for this product Mopar is perfectly compatible with this high-quality suitable alternative.
For the front-rear differential of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 6-speed WITHOUT limited slip, this is the perfect replacement / substitute for the excessively costly Mopar gear oil.
This is a really simple DIY project that just requires an 8mm hex bit, an oil pan, and an extension.
I filled the container with my boat gear lube pump, which worked flawlessly.
1 Quart in Volume (32 Ounces) Purchase that has been verified What you pay for is what you get.
DO NOT USE FOR TRANSFER CASE APPLICATIONS.
It costs 60 dollars for a can of oil, but you are not receiving anything close to the specifications for that oil because Toyota never releases them for that oil.
1 Quart in Volume (32 Ounces) Purchase that has been verified RedLine lubricants are used in every piece of equipment I own, from a lawn mower to a C5 Corvette.
The reason why our 1985 S-10 w/2.5l I-4 has 173K miles and still has every original equipment internal part is most likely due to this. I consider RedLine to be superior to all other lubricant/fluid manufacturers that are available to the general public.
Top reviews from other countries
5.0 stars out of 5 for this product High-quality materials are used. On May 17, 2020, the United Kingdom will conduct a review. 1 Quart in Volume (32 Ounces) Purchase that has been verified Product of high quality, delivered in a timely and efficient manner. 5.0 stars out of 5 for this product Lexus has a few differences. On April 15, 2019, a review was conducted in Canada. 1 Quart in Volume (32 Ounces) Purchase that has been verified Used on the front and rear differentials of a 2004 Lexus RX350.
75W85 GL-5 Gear Oil
Extreme pressure additives are included in these compounds to provide the best possible protection for road cars and racing vehicles, as well as friction modifiers (with the exception of NS) to ensure optimal limited-slip functioning.
- Polyol ester base stocks are used to develop fully synthetic formulae that provide good lubrication under harsh situations. Based on the use of ester base stocks and friction modifiers (with the exception of NS), reduced operating temperatures can be achieved by a reduction of sliding friction in hypoid gears. The use of a high viscosity index (VI) allows for relatively consistent viscosity and film thickness even when the temperature changes
- When compared to other synthetics and conventional gear oils, this oil has superior shear stability and lower oxidation. API GL-5 standards should be exceeded. This product has been designed to give the maximum level of protection while also improving differential efficiency, resulting in improved mileage, longer drain intervals, and reduced wear.
|API Service Class||GL 5+|
|SAE Viscosity Grade (Gear Oil)||75W85|
|Vis @ 100°C, cSt||12|
|Vis @ 40°C, cSt||68|
|Pour Point, °C||-45|
|Pour Point, °F||-49|
|Brookfield Viscosity, Poise||300 @ -40°C|
|5 Gallon *||50106|
|16 Gallon *||50107|
|55 Gallon *||50108|
*Only available through our authorized dealers. Compatible with API GL-5, MT-1, MIL-L2105E, and SAE J2360. Alfa Romeo is a luxury automobile manufacturer. Audi Buick is a luxury automobile manufacturer. 345 838; BMW/Mini 83 12 445 838; BMW/Mini 83 22 2 295 532 83 22 2 295 532 BMW/Mini 83 22 2 413 511 83 22 2 413 511 BMW/Mini 83 22 2 413 512 83 22 2 413 512 BMW/Mini 83 22 2 447 362 83 22 2 447 362 Castrol BOT 448 for BMW/Mini, BOT 448 G1 Hypoid Axle Oil for BMW/Mini. G2 Hypoid Axle Oil for BMW/Mini Cooper G3 Hypoid Axle Oil for BMW/Mini Cooper G4 Hypoid Axle Oil for BMW/Mini Cooper Cadillac Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep MS-A0450 68083381AA is the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep code.
68237820AA is the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep part number.
68218654AA is the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep part number.
68232948AA is the Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep part number.
Fiat Ford WSS-M2C942-A (Fiat Ford WSS-M2C942-A) Ford XY-75W85-QL Genesis GM 9986551 GM 19300457GM 19418501 GM 88862826 GM 92184900 GM SAF Carbon Mod GM SAF-EH MOD LV GMC 9986551 GM 19300457GM 19418501 GM 88862826 GM 92184900 Honda/Acura part number 08200-9014A Hypoid Gear Oil for Honda and Acura HGO-1 Automobiles: Hyundai Infiniti Jaguar Jeep Kia Land Rover is a vehicle manufactured by Kia Motors.
Lexus Lincoln is a luxury automobile manufacturer.
A 0012 989 33 03 MB A 002 989 02 03 MG A 0012 989 33 03 MB A 002 989 02 03 MG Mopar LL Hypoid transmission oil KDL38-75801P is a Nissan/Infinity part number.
Toyota/Lexus 08885-02606 (Toyota/Lexus) Toyota/Lexus 08885-81060 (Toyota/Lexus) Toyota/Lexus Gear Oil LT/LX (Low Temperature) Volvo G 052 513 (VOLVO G 052 513 ) VW/Audi G 052 513 (VW/Audi G 052 513
Where to buy 75W-85 Gear Oil?
75W-85 GL-5 gear oil is recommended for use in late-model differentials and transfer cases by manufacturers such as BMW, Dodge, Ford, Jeep, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota and Lexus. However, locating the product at auto parts stores and fast lube locations is difficult, requiring shops and do-it-yourselfers to purchase it from a dealer or use the incorrect gear
lubricant, such as 75W-90 product. Do you still not believe me? Carry out a Google search for 75W-90 gear lube to learn more. Here’s what you may expect to find: Mobil 1 Synthetic Gear Lubricant LS (Lubricating Synthetic Gears) 75W-90Super Tech is a high-performance, high-capacity generator.
75W-90 Castrol Syngear 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Oil Lucas Synthetic Gear Lubricant 75W-90 Castrol Syngear 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Oil Royal Purple Max 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Oil (Royal Purple Max 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Oil) Valvoline 75W-90 Conventional Gear Oil is a conventional gear oil that is 75W-90 in weight.
Amsoil Severe Gear® 75W-90Amsoil Synthetic 80W-90 Gear Lube Amsoil Severe Gear® 75W-90 Do you believe that those gear lubes will make no difference? Let’s have a look at the technical specifications:
Red Line 75W85 GL-5 Gear Oil
Viscosity at 100 degrees Celsius, cSt 12. Viscosity at 40 degrees Celsius (cSt 68) Index of Viscosity: 171
Amsoil Severe Gear® 75W-90
When heated to 100°C, the kinematic viscosity is 16.6. When heated to 40°C, the kinematic viscosity is 129.7 cSt. The viscosity index was 137.
Mobil 1 Mobil 1™ Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-90
Viscosity at 100 degrees Celsius is 14.6. Viscosity at 40 degrees Celsius is 103. The viscosity index was 146.
Castrol Syngear 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Oil
ASTM D-445 15.0 viscosity at 100 degrees Celsius (cSt). ASTM D-445 117 viscosity at 40 degrees Celsius The ASTM D-2270 Viscosity Index is 139.
Red Line 75W85 GL-5 Gear Oil compared to Amsoil Severe Gear® 75W-90
In comparison to Amsoil Severe Gear® 75W-90, Red Line 75W85 GL-5 Gear Oil is 37 percent ‘thinner’ (more viscous) at 40°C and 27 percent ‘thinner’ (less viscous) at 100°C. Because the Amsoil lubricant becomes thicker above 100°C, it will not flow as effectively, resulting in increased friction and reduced fuel efficiency. Overall, Red Line 75W85 GL-5 Gear Oil is more stable over the 40°C-100°C temperature range than Amsoil Severe Gear® 75W-90, with a Viscosity Index of 171 compared to Amsoil’s 137.
Red Line 75W85 GL-5 Gear Oil compared to Mobil 1™ Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-90
Mobil 1TM Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-90 and Red Line 75W85 GL-5 Gear Oil are 33.9 percent ‘thinner’ (more viscous) at 40°C and 17.8 percent ‘thinner’ (less viscous) at 100°C, respectively. Because the Mobil 1 lubricant becomes thicker at 100°C, it will not flow as well, resulting in increased friction and reduced fuel efficiency. Overall, Red Line 75W85 GL-5 Gear Oil is more stable between 40°C and 100°C than Mobil 1TM Synthetic Gear Lube LS 75W-90, with a Viscosity Index of 171 compared to Mobil 1’s 146.
Red Line 75W85 GL-5 Gear Oil compared to Castrol Syngear 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Oil
Castrol Syngear 75W-90 Synthetic Gear Oil is 41.8 percent ‘thinner’ (more viscous) at 40°C and 20 percent ‘thinner’ (less viscous) at 100°C when compared to Red Line GL-5 75W-85 Gear Oil. Castrol Syngear lubricant thickens around 100°C, making it less fluid and causing more friction, which results in decreased gas mileage and fuel efficiency Averaging a Viscosity Index of 171 compared to Castrol Syngear’s 139, Red Line 75W85 GL-5 Gear Oil is more stable across the 40°C-100°C temperature range compared to Castrol Syngear.
For further details on the Viscosity Index, please see this page.
Yes, however it will result in a minor increase in friction, which will result in a decrease in fuel economy.
Red Line Oil makes a synthetic 75W-85 GL-5 gear oil
Unlike many other businesses’ gear oils, Red Line’s 75W-85 GL-5+ is a real Group IV product derived from polyol ester base stocks, as opposed to the Group III product supplied by many others. The ester base stocks and friction modifiers give extra slipperiness to hypoid gears, allowing them to operate at lower temperatures by lowering the sliding friction between the teeth.
What is the difference between a synthetic of Group III and a synthetic of Group IV classification? See this post for more information on why Group IV is the genuine deal.
Red Line 75W-85 GL-5 Vehicle Compatibility
Acura TL SH-AWD from 2012 to 2014 MDX (Microsoft Dynamics X) 2013-2018 BMW 2012+ 1 Series, 3 Series, and Z4 models are available without LSD differentials. Automobiles Chrysler2005-2007 Crossfire rear carrier/drive assemblyfront and rear differential 2015 and up 300-pound rear differential Dodge Challenger and Charger rear differentials from 2015 and up Dodge Truck 2007 gas medium-heavy-duty diesel with C205F front differential, manufactured by Dodge. Ford Focus RS rear differential (2016 and later) Differentials for the Shelby GT500 (2013-2014) and the Mustang (2015+) Raptor 2014 and up, and F150 2016 rear differential Vehicles manufactured by General Motors Rear differentials for Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 models 14 and up Rear differentials for Cadillac Escalade, Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Yukon, and Yukon XL models 15 years or older With two rear wheels, the rear differential of a 15+ Chevrolet Express Van 2500/3500 is missing.
- Chevrolet Caprice with SS rear differential, 14+ years old Mercedes-Benz C, GL, ML, CL, E, GL, and R class differentials from 2007 and after.
- Grand Vitara with XL-7 front differential from 1999 to 2006.
- Toyota Front and rear differentials for Toyota 4Runners from 2003 to 2008.
- Front differential on a 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser
Where to buy Red Line’s 75W-85 Fully Synthetic Gear Oil
Make your purchase from one of these authorized dealers, or place a special order from NAPA, Advance Automotive, AutoZone, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Mighty Auto Parts, and CarQuest, among others. Rick Muscoplat posted a blog entry on
USA – Motorcraft – SAE 75W-85 Premium Synthetic Hypoid Gear Lubricant
- SAE 75W-85 Premium Synthetic Hypoid Gear Lubricant from Motorcraft ® is a great multi-purpose severe pressure lubricant that has been approved by Ford Motor Company for use in conjunction with their warranty requirements. It is suggested for use in conventional and limited-slip differentials of cars that specify a fluid that meets WSS-M2C942-A specifications
- And A high-quality synthetic oil and performance additives are used to create Motorcraft ®SAE 75W-85 Premium Synthetic Hypoid Gear Lubricant, which provides increased thermal and oxidative stability at high temperatures. This product has been designed to increase fuel efficiency while also assisting in the reduction of operating temperatures. It provides improved wear protection for hypoid gears, as well as superior shear stability and corrosion resistance. In this case, do not use in axles. It is advised to use SAE 75W-140.
Note: Limited-slip axles require the addition of Friction Modifier, Part Number XL-3, which meets Ford specification EST-M2C118-A in order to do a thorough drain and refill. Consult the Workshop Manual or the Owner’s Manual for more information. Torque Vectoring RDU requires the use of Torque Vectoring RDU Gear Oil Additive, part number XL-19, in order to do a thorough drain and refill.
Red Line MT-85 75W85 GL-4 Gear Oil
Return to the previous page from the home page $19.99 RED50504Gear Oil, MT-85, 75W85, Synthetic, 1 qt, EachWas:$20.99 Now:$15.99 Sale:$19.96 5 percent off your purchase Save:$1.03
- Recommended for Nissan 350Z and 370Z applications (as well as most Maxima, Altima, and Sentra applications), Mitsubishi Evolution, Hyundai, and Kia applications
- MT-85 75W85 GL-4 Gear Oil- 1 Qt Numerous NV4500 truck gearbox applications, such as the Chevrolet Silverado and Dodge Ram, are designed to meet Chrysler requirement MS-9070. This fluid is recommended for GL-1, GL-3, and GL-4 applications, as well as for applications where the majority of special synchromesh fluids are required. It meets the standards for gear oil viscosities of 75W, 80W, and 85W, as well as motor oil viscosities of SAE 30 and 5W30. As a result, it is safe for brass synchros since it does not include the reactive sulfurs present in most GL-5 oils that can cause damage. Provides faster shifts, a perfect synchronizer coefficient of friction, and a lower coefficient of friction. Even when it’s chilly, it eliminates notchy shifting. Longer synchro life due to improved gear protection and performance Some of its characteristics are as follows: it has an appropriate coefficient of friction for most manual transmission synchronizers (other synthetic gear lubricants are frequently too slick for optimal synchro engagement)
- It is inexpensive. Red Line supplies lubricants for virtually every transmission application, including manual and automatic transmissions. In differentials with hypoid gears, the MTL, MT-85, and MT-90 are not recommended for usage. Very good gear and synchro protection, with balanced slipperiness for better shifting in cold temperatures. Excellent for transmissions with a high or low mileage
- Compatibility with petroleum-based products and other synthetic materials Pit Stop USA has Red Line MT-85 75W85 GL-4 Gear Oil – 1 Quart 50504 in stock and ready to ship to you now at cheap daily rates. Check out all of our Red Line items, including Red Line Red Line Gear Oil, to see what you can find.
- Red Line Synthetic Oil
- Item requires shipping
- Weight: 2.0 lbs
- Dimensions: W4.0000′ x H4.0500′ x L8.8500′
- Dimensions: W4.0000′ x H4.0500′
- It is the Company’s responsibility to ensure that the Company’s products and services meet the needs of its customers. We make a difference because we are the experts. We assist you in finding a means to win
- A Vast Selection is Available More than 100,000 goods from the world’s most prestigious performing brands
- Shipping is absolutely free. On driver safety equipment that costs more than $99
- Low Costs on a Daily Basis Get the most for your money in racing
- Do you have a question? Send us an email or call us at 208-906-0702 to get answers from the professionals.
BG Ultra-Guard® Full Synthetic Gear Lubricant
Innovating synthetic gear oil PN 750BG Ultra-Guard®, which is suitable with all automobile and truck applications requiring GL-5 gear oil, PN 750BG Ultra-Guard® is the first of its kind. It offers higher thermal stability, smoother gear changing, optimal drive line efficiency, quieter operation, protection against wear, pitting, and corrosion, seal compatibility, and increased seal performance. It is also available in a variety of sizes. The design of the hypoid gear set necessitates the use of a high concentration of extreme pressure additive in order to ensure extended life performance of the ring gear and pinion.
BG Ultra-Guard® is the most comprehensive protection available for drive line components. In its professional-use version, it is developed for better thermal stability, improved seal performance, quieter operation, and superior resistance to wear, pitting, and corrosion as well as other factors.
BG Drive Line Service
The BG Drive Line Service may include the use of BG Ultra Guard® Full Synthetic Gear Lubricant as a component. Look for a business in your area that provides the BG Drive Line Service! BG Drive Line Service is supported by the FREE Lifetime BG Protection Plan®, which provides coverage for the life of the drive line. To discover more about the entry criteria, service intervals, and covered components, please visit this page. Bottle with a capacity of 32 fluid ounces (946 milliliters). Bottle with a capacity of 64 fl oz (1.8 L).
MADE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
CETUS® HIPERSYN®ISO 32, 46, 68, 100, 150, 220, 320, 460 CETUS® HIPERSYN®ISO 32, 46, 68, 100, 150, 220, 320, 460 CETUS® HIPERSYN®ISO 32, 46, 68, 100, 150, 220, 320, 460 CETUS® HIPERSYN®ISO 32, 46, 68, 100 For long-term performance under high temperatures, synthetic compressor oils are recommended. Cetus® PAOISO 32, 46, 68, 100, and 150A synthetic compressor lubricants provide maximum efficiency and equipment longevity while reducing maintenance costs. Chevron 1000 THF is a petroleum product manufactured by Chevron Corporation.
- 260 Chevron Compressor OilChevron Compressor Oil is used to lubricate compressors in hydrocarbon service and is also known as ISO 260.
- Tractor hydraulic fluid, Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF, is a high-quality, multipurpose tractor hydraulic fluid that has been carefully developed for use in gearboxes, final drives, wet brakes, and hydraulic systems of tractors and other equipment that uses one common fluid reservoir.
- Clarity® Machine Oils are a line of machine oils manufactured by Clarity®.
- Clarity® Synthetic EA Hydraulic Oil (ISO 46, 68, 100) is a synthetic EA hydraulic oil.
- Clarity® Synthetic Hydraulic Oil AWISO 32, 46, and 68Ashless Synthetic Hydraulic Oils for industrial uses in ecologically sensitive regions, like mining and forestry.
- ISO grades 150, 220, 320, and 460 are available in Clarity® Synthetic Machine Oil.
- Delo® 400 SDE SAE 10W-30 is a synthetic blend API CK-4 heavy duty engine oil that has been particularly created for 2017 greenhouse gas (GHG 17) compliance diesel engines that have been engineered to emit less pollution while using less fuel.
Designed for use in a range of on- and off-highway situations, Delo® 400 XSP SAE 5W-40SAE 5W-40A is a mixed fleet, heavy duty engine oil that is SAE 5W-40A rated.
Delo® Syn ATF HD (High-Definition ATF) In addition, Delo® Syn ATF HD ISOCLEAN® Certified Lubricant is particularly formulated for use in heavy-duty automated truck and bus gearboxes that operate in prolonged service conditions.
75W-90 volt Delo® Syn-Gear HDSAE Delo Syn-Gear HD gear lubricant is a heavy-duty, extreme-pressure, multigrade automotive gear lubricant that is designed for use in heavy-duty applications.
FDSAE 60 is a Delo® TorqForce FDSAE 60.
Delo® TorqForce® FD SAE 60 is a premium heavy-duty gear lubricant specifically designed for use in final drives and axles of modern Cat off-road equipment operating in severe service.
Multipurpose lubricant intended for use in gearboxes, wet brakes, and hydraulic systems, among other applications.
Delo® TorqForce Syn SAE 5W-30 is a synthetic lubricant.
GST Advantage® EPISO 32 and 46 are two examples of GST Advantage® EPISO.
GST Advantage® ROISO 32 and 46 are two of the most popular options.
A long history of superior oxidation strength and deposit performance for combustion and steam turbines has resulted in GST® Oil being certified to ISO 32/46/68/100.
Meropa EliteSynTM XM lubricants are high-performance synthetic gear oils with a premium price.
Meropa® XLISO 68, 150, 220, 320, 460, and 680 are available in a variety of sizes.
Rando® HDISO 10, 22, 32, 46, 68, 100, 150, 220, and 320 are available in a variety of sizes.
Rando® HD Premium Oil MVISO 32 is a high-performance premium oil.
It is developed to provide strong protection to hydraulic pumps in Extreme Climates.
A lubricant with a high viscosity index and a wide working temperature range for hydraulic pumps and circulating oil systems is available.
30(X), 40 Taro® 20 DPSAE 30(X) (X) For medium and high speed trunk piston diesel engines that burn residual fuels with a maximum sulphur content of up to 2 percent, Taro® 20 DP engine lubricants provide high performance and high alkalinity.
Taro 20 DP can also be used in conjunction with gas oil or marine diesel oil to create a more complex mixture (MDO).
This ISOCLEAN® Certified lubricant is utilized as a barrier fluid in dual mechanical seals used in pumps that handle hydrocarbon liquids.
Ursa® Hydraulic Oil SAE 10W is a high-performance hydraulic oil.
A heavy duty on and off-highway hydraulic oil, ISOCLEAN® Certified Lubricant is suitable for SAE 10W applications and for equipment that meets Caterpillar TO-2 specifications.
Aries® lubricants are specifically formulated for use with percussion air tools and other percussion equipment.
Item number: Canopus®13, 68 Canopus® oils are intended for use as circulating oils in industrial settings.
Capella® WFISO grade 32 and 68 are available.
Cetus® DEISO 32, 68, 100, and 150 are available.
Cetus® PAO HCISO 220A synthetic compressor lubricant for maximum efficiency and equipment life.
Chevron ATF HD 389 is a high-definition television broadcast.
Also appropriate for use in most pre-2006 automatic gearboxes made by General Motors, Ford Motor Company, and other manufacturers that require a high-performance, multi-purpose power transmission fluid with excellent heat resistance.
Chevron Coupling Grease is available in a variety of grades.
Chevron Cylinder Oils W are indicated for use in the lubrication of compressor cylinders as well as the sliding worm gear surfaces in worm drive gear cases, among other applications.
A straight mineral oil in SAE viscosity grades 90 (ISO 220) or 140 (Chevron Gear Oil GL-1) is suggested for many automotive and industrial applications where the equipment providers advocate the use of a straight mineral oil in SAE viscosity grades 90 (ISO 220) or 140 (Chevron Gear Oil GL-1) (ISO 460).
- Chevron HTF E-100 is a single phase, silicate free ethylene glycol concentrate of high quality that is utilized in heat transfer applications as well as as an industrial coolant/antifreeze product in the manufacturing industry.
- It is utilized in heat transfer applications and may also be used as an industrial coolant/antifreeze product.
- HTF P-200 from Chevron is a single phase heat transfer fluid concentration based on propylene glycol (USP) that is devoid of silicates.
- Chevron Hydraulic Oil 5606A is designed to be utilized widely as a hydraulic medium in the functioning of automotive and industrial equipment in extreme cold environments, such as those found on the Alaska North Slope, where standard hydraulic oils are insufficient.
- Grease for Open Gears from Chevron A non-soap-based thickener is used to make Chevron Open Gear Grease, which is a high-viscosity mineral oil-based open gear grease that is commonly utilized in chain and open gear lubrication applications.
- Chevron Open Gear Lubricants are available in three different grades: 100 NC, 250 NC, and 800 NCC.
- Chevron Shingle Oil is a trademark of Chevron Corporation.
Chevron TMGL Premium is a petroleum product manufactured by Chevron TMGL.
It is recommended for use in transmissions, final drives, wet brakes, and the hydraulic systems of tractors and other equipment that share a common fluid reservoir.
It is intended for use in the lubrication of machine tool slides and ways in accordance with ISO 32, 68, and 220.
46, 100, and 150 milliliters of Clarity® Saw Guide Oil Clarity® Saw Guide Oils are specially formulated to provide lubrication for saw blades and guides in saw machines.
ISO 100 and ISO 150 Clarity® Synthetic EA Gear Oils are high performance, quickly biodegradable gear oils that fulfill the standards of the Environmental Protection Agency’s Vessel General Permit (VGP) for environmentally acceptable lubricants.
Delo Gear LSSAE 80W-90 Delo Gear LSSAE 80W-90 This high-quality gear lubricant is designed to provide protection under harsh working circumstances for applications demanding API GL-5 or MT-1 performance requirements.
Delo® 1000 Marine is a high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-capacity, high-cap Delo® 1000 Marine is a high-performance, medium-alkaline diesel engine oil designed for trunk piston diesel engines operating at medium- and high-speeds.
- Delo® 400SAE 10W, 20W, 30W, 40W, 50W, 60W, 70W Delo® 400 monograde oils are mixed-fleet motor oils that are indicated for four-stroke gasoline and diesel engines that are more than 10 years old.
- Delo® 710 LS products are premium diesel engine oils that are used in GE and EMD Tier 4 engines in a variety of industries including maritime, train, and power generating applications.
- In addition to providing exceptional extended life coolant system protection in diesel, natural gas, and CNG engines for both on- and off-road applications, Delo ELC Advanced solutions are the next generation of ethylene glycol-based NOAT (Nitrited Organic Additive Technology) products.
- Delo® FleetFix CME stands for Delo® FleetFix CME.
- Delo® FleetFix® CMX is a computer-aided maintenance system.
- On- and off-road equipment will run more smoothly with Delo® Grease EPNLGI grade: 00, 0, 1, 2A series of advanced greases to assist maintain equipment operating smoothly, on and off-road.
- High-stress, high-load, and high-temperature Delo® Grease ESI HDNLGI grade: 1, 2A complete line of heavy-duty greases for high-stress, high-load, and high-temperature applications.
- It is offered with or without molybdenum disulfide.
Delo® Grease ESI HD Moly 3 percent EPNLGI grade: 1, 2 EPNLGI Delo® Grease ESI HD Moly 3 percent EPNLGI Delo® Grease ESI HD Moly 3 percent EPNLGI Delo® Grease ESI HD Moly 3 percent EPNLGI Delo® Grease ESI HD Moly 3 percent EPNLGI Delo® Grease ESI HD Moly 3 percent EPNLGI Delo® Grease ESI HD Mo It is offered with or without molybdenum disulfide.
- Designed for plain and anti-friction bearing applications that operate under high stress/high load circumstances in conjunction with high ambient temperatures, as found in heavy-duty off-road applications, these greases are a good choice.
- Delo® Grease ESI® HD EP is a complete series of greases available with or without molybdenum disulfide.
- Delo® StarplexNLGI grade: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
- Delo® Syn-AMT XDTSAE 75W-90 Delo® Syn-AMT XDTSAE Heavy duty truck synthetic automated manual transmission (AMT) fluid specially formulated for extended drain and severe service operations.
Delo® Syn-Trans XESAE 75W-90 Delo® Syn-Trans XESAE 75W-90 It is recommended for both factory and service fill of Eaton Ultra Shift Automated Manual Transmissions, which are used by the majority of North American truck manufacturers when coupled with Cummins, PACCAR MX, or Navistar diesel engines.
- HDAX® 3100 Ashless Gas Engine Oils are a new generation of ashless gas engine oils.
- HDAX® 3100 Ashless Gas Engine Oils are high performance, bright stock free, ashless, dispersant type natural gas engine oils.
- 15W-40, 30W-40, 40W-40 HDAX® 5200 Low Ash Gas Engine Oils are high-performance, premium-quality engine oils that are bright stock free, low in ash, and include dispersant/detergent additives.
- HDAX® 5300 Medium Ash Gas Engine Oil is a dispersant/detergent type gas engine oil that is formulated specifically for four-stroke engines where medium ash oils are preferred.
- HDAX® PF Antifreeze/Coolant – Premixed 50/50 is a single-phase, ethylene glycol-based, low silicate coolant/antifreeze designed for use in natural gas engines as well as heavy-duty on- and off-highway diesel engines.
- A premium high-performance synthetic gear oil from Meropa, EliteSynTM WL 680 is designed to protect and enhance the performance of your vehicle’s transmission.
- Heavy-load enclosed gear drives in industrial applications and wind turbines have been designed with this in mind.
- ParaLux® Process Oils701, 1001, 2401, 6001 ParaLux® Process Oils701, 1001, 2401, 6001 ParaLux® Process Oils are colorless, all-hydroprocessed oils that may be utilized as clear processing aids or extender oils in a range of speciality applications, including food processing and cosmetics.
- It is available in a variety of grades.
- A synthetic polyol ester lubricant for aero derivative stationary-based turbines, Regal® SGTISO 22 is available.
Taro® 40 XLSAE 40 Taro® 40 XLSAE 40 Taro® 40 XLSAE 40 (X) A high performance, extremely high alkalinity diesel engine oil for medium speed trunk piston diesel engines that burn residual fuels with a maximum sulfur content of 4.5 percent, Taro® 40 XL is designed for use in trunk piston diesel engines that operate at medium speeds.
Taro® 50 XL is manufactured by Taro® Oil Company.
Texclad® 2 Texclad® 2 is a calcium-based grease that is resistant to washout and has excellent film strength and weight bearing characteristics.
Ulti-Plex® Grease EPNLGI grade: 1, 2Ulti-Plex® Greases EP are high performance greases that are specially formulated for use in extreme pressure bearing applications that operate in both high and low temperature environments.Ulti-Plex® Grease EPNLGI grade: 1, 2Ulti-Plex® Grease EPNLGI grade: 1, 2Ulti-Plex® Grease EPNLGI grade: 1, 2Ul Ulti-Plex® HV Synthetic Grease EPNLGI grade: 1.5Ulti-Plex® HV Synthetic Grease EP is a high performance grease that is specially formulated for extreme pressure bearing applications operating in high and low temperature conditions, as well as for those difficult applications requiring extended lubrication intervals.Ulti-Plex® HV Synthetic Grease EP is a high performance grease that is specially formulated for extreme pressure bearing applications operating in high and This high performance grease is specially formulated for extreme pressure bearing applications operating at high and low temperatures.
Ulti-Plex® Synthetic Grease EPNLGI grade: 1.5Ulti-Plex® Synthetic Grease EP is a high performance grease specially formulated for extreme pressure bearing applications operating at high and low temperatures.
Oil for marine use (Veritas® 800 Marine Oil30W) Veritas® 800 Marine Oil is a high-performance crankcase lubricant designed for use in slow-speed crosshead diesel engine applications.
Way Oils Vistac®68, 220Way Oils Vistac® are developed for use in the lubrication of slides and ways in machine tools, as well as in other applications.
Driven Racing Oil 00830: Synthetic 75W-85 Racing Gear Oil 1 Quart
This item will be delivered TODAY! SAE 75W-85 is a high-performance oil. With its decreased friction and parasitic drag, this 75W-85 synthetic gear oil has demonstrated race-proven longevity as well as dyno-proven power improvements. Drag race applications, as well as rapid change rear ends, can make use of this product. The typical viscosity ranges from 75W to 85W. Super Speedway Gear Oil was the previous name for this product.
Limited Slip Additive QuantitySold individuallyLimited Slip Additive The oil weight is 75W85, and it is synthetic. Part Number 00830 from the manufacturer 1.95 pounds (shipping weight) Package Height: 7.5 inches Package Width:4.9Package Depth:12.1Package Depth:12.1
Competition Proven To Deliver Performance and Protection
- Joe Gibbs Racing and many other elite race teams utilize Driven Synthetic Racing Gear Oils in their rear differentials, which are used in every differential. Even after the flywheel has been replaced, the search of higher power production and longer durability continues. Joe Gibbs Racing’s technical team is always looking for ways to gain an edge, and Driven Synthetic Racing Gear Oils have shown to provide substantial performance benefits in manual gearboxes, rear end differentials, and power steering systems, among other applications. When compared to other brand gear oils, these proprietary synthetic formulations have demonstrated significant advantages, with temperature reductions of up to 15 degrees F being reported. Lowered operating temperatures
- Reduced friction for maximum power
- High shear race protection
- No drag increase or reduction in horsepower
- Extended change internals High performance racing specialists at JEGS created Easy Kits to assist you in obtaining all of the performance parts you want for your race car, hot rod, or truck
- These kits are available in a variety of sizes and configurations. 00830 has a rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars by one customer. Snydorsville has given it a rating of 5 out of 5. Houndfrom Oil for Driven Gears My Tiger Quickchange is equipped with a gold track ‘gleason’ differential and ratchets, and I utilize it. However, it is just too smooth to be used as a tru-track! I gave a buddy incorrect advice to use it in his, and he ended up with dog leg traction as a result. He emptied it, and there was no harm done. Date of publication: October 24, 2017
is this a GL-4 fluid
Yes, this is a transmission fluid with a GL4 rating. Answered by: Rusty BDate of publication: June 4, 2019 It is not permitted to utilize some portions of this product in California or other states with comparable laws / restrictions.
WARNING: Motor vehicles contain fuel, oils, and fluids, as well as battery posts, terminals, and other related accessories that contain lead and lead compounds, as well as other chemicals that are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive harm, among other things. These substances can be found in automobiles, vehicle components, and vehicle accessories, whether they are brand new or used as spares. When these cars are being repaired, they emit used oil, waste fluids, grease, fumes, and particulates, all of which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects, and reproductive damage, as well as other health effects.
The dust produced by power sanding, sawing, grinding, and drilling, as well as other construction operations, may contain chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive damage, among other things. Lead from lead-based paints, crystalline silica from bricks and cement and other masonry goods, arsenic and chromium from chemically treated timber are only a few examples of the chemicals that may be found in the environment. Exposure to these substances poses a different level of danger depending on how frequently you perform this sort of employment.
A WARNING: The wires used in these goods include chemicals that, according to the State of California, are known to cause cancer, birth defects, and other reproductive damage. Hands should be washed after handling.
Petro-Canada TRAXON™ Synthetic
When used in hypoid axles, where API GL-5 is required, as well as some non-synchronized manual gearboxes where API MT-1 is required, TRAXON Synthetic 75W-90 gives the best all-season protection in harsh situations. Transon Synthetic 75W-85 is an energy-efficient axle fluid that provides great long-lasting wear protection in hypoid axles, allowing you to extend the life of your equipment while decreasing downtime and maintenance costs. API GL-5 is intended for usage in situations where API GL-5 is required, as well as in some non-synchronized manual transmissions that require API MT-1.
It is designed to provide prolonged drain capacity, long component life, and excellent gear shifting for contemporary Synchronized Automated Manual Transmissions.
TRAXON Synthetic MTF 75W-80 is a top performance, energy efficient commercial vehicle manual transmission fluid/gear oil. Suitable for use with synchronized automated manual transmissions such as the Volvo I-Shift and Mack mDrive systems.
- These products provide year-round protection in high temperatures and extreme low temperatures, even in the most demanding situations. Because of their outstanding shear stability, which aids in the preservation of viscosity, low temperature protection, and torque efficiency, they are widely used. They all have extended drain capabilities, which means fewer changeouts and a longer oil life overall.
Transmission and Differential Fluid for BMW
BMW manual and automatic gearboxes, rear differentials, and front differentials on xDrive models are covered in detail on this page, as are fluid recommendations for these components. Please keep in mind that for the sake of this article, ‘Vintage’ refers to any BMW vehicle produced before to and including the E30 3-series. Go to the following page: Transmission fluid for manual transmissions Transmission fluid is used in automatic transmissions. Fluid to be used in the front axle or transfer case lubricant for the rear differential
BMW Manual / SMG / DCT Transmission Fluid
5-speed manual transmission from the 1950s The majority of manual transmissions on antique vehicles do not have a fluid label on the transmission since virtually all gearboxes used the same fluid – a universal GL-4 transmission fluid. If no label is present, any GL-4 gear oil is considered to be the official recommended. The Red Line MTL is our personal favorite. Some transmissions, on the other hand, will have an orange ATF label, and you should use Dexron III ATF fluid in these cases. The transmission of the 325e/528e from 1984 to 1986 should be marked with a green ‘Special Oil’ marking.
- (SAE 90 weight).
- Replacement intervals of 30,000-40,000 miles are recommended.
- Despite the fact that a Dexron III standard can be found virtually everywhere, we were impressed with the performance of Red Line ATF D4 in manual transmissions.
- When used on the track, an ATF may become too slippery due to the high temperatures, in which case the Red Line MT-LV is recommended, which has a somewhat heavier weight and is more durable.
- ATF for BMW Manual Transmissions (2000s-2010s) is available for purchase.
- This is the time period in which BMW began utilizing ‘Lifetime’ transmission fluid, which is denoted by the presence of a ‘MTF’ label on the transmission.
- Over the years, the fluid formula has evolved, and it is now known as MTF-LT-1, LT-2, LT-3, LT-5, and FFL-4.
LT fluids are OK in typical day-to-day driving and in low temperatures, but they are irreversibly degraded at high temperatures, such as those experienced on a racetrack, according to our findings.
The SMG transmissions utilize the same MTF oil as the manual transmissions; however, the SMG Hydraulic Pump uses Pentosin CHF 11S hydraulic fluid, which is more expensive than the manual transmissions.
Shop MTF for BMW manual transmissions from the 2000s to the 2010s, including DCT Using a pair of ‘wet’ clutches, the Double-Clutch gearbox transfers power to the rear wheels.
The wet clutch mechanism guarantees that the vehicle operates smoothly and engages smoothly.
In both everyday and track cars, we have found the benefits of using new fluid to outweigh the disadvantages of using old fluid.
This is an improved version of the Red Line DCTF formula that works on conventional street vehicles and holds up better for a longer period of time on the track.
When exposed to greater temperatures, a stronger oil, such as Red Line fluid, will not break down as quickly. Replacement intervals of 30,000-40,000 miles are recommended. DCTF for BMW is available at the following locations:
BMW Automatic Transmission Fluid
It is important to note that changing the fluid in automatic transmissions may be an extremely complex task that necessitates following a specific protocol, using specialized instruments, and/or using professional-level diagnostic software to complete. There is no question that new fluid will outperform used and filthy fluid in terms of performance. However, the majority of the issues we hear about are caused by an incorrect transmission flush, in which particles and dirt obstruct fluid movement, or by neglecting to establish the right fluid level afterward after the flush.
- Automobile with four speeds from the 1950s ATF Dexron III is the fluid of choice for BMW automatic transmissions with four speeds (ZF 4HP).
- The manufacturer’s recommended replacement period is 40,000 kilometers.
- Dexron III is the ATF that is suggested for any use (D4).
- BMW has upgraded to the Dexron VI specification, which is backwards compatible with the previous Dexron III specification.
- When topping off the oil level in the transmission, BMW suggests using just the same fluid that was used in the transmission.
- The manufacturer’s recommended replacement period is 60,000 kilometers.
- The BMW 6-speed automatic transmission is manufactured by either GM (6L45/6L50) or ZF and was used mostly in RWD and AWD cars from the mid-2000s to the present.
It is not true that the ZF 6HP cannot be maintained because there is a complete oil pan and gasket kit available for purchase.
The OEM ATF is a ZF Lifeguard 6, which has a Dexron VI (D6) rating and is manufactured by ZF.
Cars that were initially equipped with D6 (all 6- and 8-speed automatics) will not be able to utilize D4, therefore keep note of how much oil is in your gearbox.
Shop ATF for BMW 6-speed automatic transmissions: All 8-speed automatic transmissions are available.
BMW employed the 8HP45, 8HP50, 8HP70, and 8HP75 engines across the whole model range of their vehicles.
Professional service, on the other hand, is highly advised due to the specific methods that must be followed.
BMW describes it it as ‘ATF 3’ (Advanced Technology Formula 3).
A recommended replacement period of 80,000 miles (BMW estimates a mileage range of 100,000 miles). Auto Transmission Parts for BMW 8-speed Automatic Transmissions: ATF
BMW xDrive Front Differential and Transfer Case Fluid
In order to transmit power between the back and front axles, the BMW Xi and xDrive vehicles have a central transfer case. This is a chain-driven transfer case that is located on the back of the gearbox and has a driveshaft that extends from both the front and rear of the transmission housing. Because of its modest size, the front differential is based on a standard hypoid gear design that looks quite similar to the rear differential. Models 325Xi/330Xi and X5 from 1999 to 2003 had a center transfer case (NV Transfer Case) BMW recommends the ATF Dexron III, which has a rating of Red Line D4 ATFRecommended replacement interval: 50,000-60,000 miles is our advice.
The ATC transfer container contains a unique mix, and we are unable to provide a substitute for the time being.
DTF Transfer Case Oil: All Front Differential Parts for Sale BMW recommends SAF-XO, 75W90 weight, and GL-5 grade lubricant.
Front Axle Gear Oil for the Shop:
BMW Rear Differential Gear Oil
Depending on the BMW model, the rear differential is either open without limited-slip capability or limited-slip capability (posi-traction). Almost all non-M versions are equipped with an open differential and rely on traction control to keep the wheels from spinning. Limited-slip designs like as clutch-type, viscous-type, and Torsen designs are used in vintage models and M vehicles. The optimal working temperature for differential oil is 150°F. If you go above this limit on the track, you may want to consider investing in an adiff oil cooler, which will also enhance the capacity of your engine.
- Classic 1990s differential with an open or limited slip differential.
- Red Line 75W90 or 75W110 are our top recommendations.
- The SAF-XJ synthetic fluid replaces the previously recommended SAF-XLS mineral oil for clutch-type limited-slip differentials, which was discontinued by the manufacturer.
- We find the 75W140 weight to be peculiar, but it is the only gear oil specified in BMW’s official fluid guide for these differentials, thus it must be the right one.
- We have switched to the new 75W110 for warmer climes or heavy track use.
- Replacement intervals of 40,000-50,000 miles are recommended.
- BMW recommends G1 synthetic oil in a 75W85 weight with a GL-4 rating.
75W85 GL-5 is a high-performance lubricant (Red Line-approved) Replacement intervals of 40,000-50,000 miles are recommended.
In most cases, GL-4 and GL-5 oils should not be combined together.
The differential does not experience the same high pressures as the transmission, therefore Red Line has authorized their 75W85 GL-5 oil as a replacement for the stock GL-4.
Failure to use a GL-4 oil, on the other hand, may result in warranty complications if you file a claim for differential or rear axle repair.
If you want to remain compliant, the factory GL-4 is the only option available to you.
Shop From 2001 until 2013, G1 Rear Axle Gear Oil was used in the rear M-Variable Limited-Slip Differential.
Red Line 75W140 is our top suggestion.
M-Variable Diff Oil:Rear 2012-Present is available for purchase.
Red Line 75W140 is our top suggestion.
Rear M Performance Limited-Slip Differential (F22, F30, F32, and other models): M-Active Diff Oil (F22, F30, F32, and other models): BMW’s advice is difficult to determine because the company does not publish a replacement fluid.
Red Line 75W90 or 75W110 are our top recommendations.
M Performance Diff Gear Oil: Rear Custom Differential (Shop M Performance Diff Gear Oil) Our colleagues and differential gurus at Diffsonline provide custom-built performance differentials, which we make available to you.
Fluid guidelines for each of the categories are listed below.
Traditional clutches are available in two sizes: Red Line 75W90 for mild street use and Red Line 75W110 for aggressive street and track use.
Diffsonline Helical: Red Line 75W110 Diffsonline Helical: Red Line 75W110 Diffsonline Helical: Red Line 75W110 Diffsonline Helical: Red Line 75W110 Diffsonline Helical: Red Line 75W110 Diffsonline Helical: Red Line 75W110 Diffsonline Helical: Red Line 75W110 Diffsonline Helical: Red Line 75W110 Diffsonline Helical: Red Line 75W110 Diffsonline Heli In the case of Quaife, the Red Line 75W110 Wavetrace: 75W110 (Red Line).
OS Giken: a proprietary OS Giken-branded 85W250 power supply unit.
The Red Line ‘Non-Slip’ gear oil is available for purchase in the Custom Diff Gear Oil section of our website.
This fluid does not include any friction modifier additives, which allows the clutch plates in limited-slip differentials to engage more quickly.
However, it will be too noisy for normal street usage. This is fine for track use, but not for regular street use. In the next section, you will find an explanation of scientific vocabulary, jargon, and acronyms that are typically used while talking about BMW gearbox and differential axle fluid.
|Dexron||Dexron is actually a trade name used by General Motors (GM). GM and ZF are the original designers and suppliers for automatic transmissions to BMW (and many others). Dexron has been their brand-name for ATF since the 1960s but the specs have been adopted industry-wide. The chemical formula has evolved over the years and BMWs use the Dexron-III spec. Dexron VI is backwards compatible to Dexron III, however, III cannot be used in place of VI.|
|GL||‘GL’ is a rating used to differentiate various grades and formulas of gear oil. The American Petroleum Institute (API) issues GL ratings. The fluid must be compatible with the various metals used in transmissions and differentials. So while a higher GL rating means better fluid shear resistance, it may be harmful to certain types of metal (brass synchro rings for example). Pay close attention to the bottle label to verify the GL rating. BMWs usually use a GL-4 in transmissions and GL-5 for differentials but there are exceptions (see above).|
|Hypoid||A type of gear set where one gear is at a right angle to the other. These are the types of gears used in BMW differentials – an input shaft (pinion) contacts a crown wheel, which is connected to each axle shaft. The pinion and crown are at right angles to one another. The term is most often used in ‘hypoid gear oil’.|
|MTL vs. MTF||Manual Transmission Lube and Manual Transmission Fluid. Both are for manual transmissions but due to the chemical differences there is a need to differentiate which cars they apply to. ‘Lube’ is for vintage models and ‘Fluid’ is for newer cars (late-1990s and newer).|
|Viscosity||The rating for the internal friction of fluid dependent on temperature. The SAE assigns the grade based on two temperature standards: cold (the “W” in 75W90) and high 100°C (212°F). These are grades based on a system devised by the SAE and not a measurable value (see cSt below). It means the oil performance aligns with a particular grade in the SAE system. The higher the number, the thicker the oil and the longer it will take to reach operating temperature. However, it does not mean that a MT-80 is twice as thick as a 10W40. It’s only an assigned rating. For actual measurable values, viscosity is expressed in centiStoke units (1 cSt = 1 mm2/s) and measured at two different temperatures: 40°C and 100°C (212°F). A higher cSt is a thicker oil, giving more protection but less efficiency. However, a low viscosity does not automatically mean less protection (the chemical makeup of the oil determines that). CentiStoke values are not as commonly referenced for gear oil as they are for engine oils.|